Flat collar or slip lead for bringing home kids?

Miranda Kurucz

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Harnesses is what I'm going to do! Thank you @Southern
We use harnesses for baby goats.

This Nigerian baby would go on car rides and even to DH's work
View attachment 30839

Another example harness is a bit small on this guy lol
View attachment 30838

this harness was too big :)
CopyofSAM_5841_zpsaf78bbbd.jpg

Harnesses are my plan :) I also got them some slip leads for once they are good on a leash. Thanks!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
They are gorgeous! Love, love, love the blue eyes! I so want my herd sire to be polled and blue eyed... My eventual goal!

Grandma Betty

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I have had chickens for about three years...started with just a couple and now have around 75 layers. What can Isay?

So...last weekend I got two three month old Dwarf Nigerians, cute little girls. They have not been handled at all and are very skittish. I want big grab handles on these things! They are freaking fast!

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have had chickens for about three years...started with just a couple and now have around 75 layers. What can Isay?

So...last weekend I got two three month old Dwarf Nigerians, cute little girls. They have not been handled at all and are very skittish. I want big grab handles on these things! They are freaking fast!

They are faster then you ever imagined arn't they! Welcome to BYH. If you can get them in a smaller pen until you get them tamed down that would help a lot for their future life and your sanity :lol:

Grandma Betty

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
They are faster then you ever imagined arn't they! Welcome to BYH. If you can get them in a smaller pen until you get them tamed down that would help a lot for their future life and your sanity :lol:
Right now they are in the barn because of this horrid arctic weather we’ve been “enjoying.” I went out this morning take warm water out and the goats were no where to be found...in a locked barn, so I just about had a heart attack. Then my husband found them: I guess they got cold last night because they had built a straw cave under their sleeping bench and tucked it in around themselves.

Latest posts