flea collar for goat?

Toby Baillon

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
No more ticks since putting a Bayer Seresto dog collar for fleas and ticks on the goat. The Vet couldn't recommend it as it is for Dogs. But she's had it on for more than a week now with no adverse effects. And I haven't found any ticks.

Ponker

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I had several goats this spring who looked like their ears had been bedazzled, they had so many ticks on them.. I use CyLence pour-on (1ml/25lbs) for that, which lasts for about 3 weeks to a month or so.. If that doesn't work, I'd suspect a shot of ivomec would be highly effective against ticks...but I've never had CyLence *not* work, so I wouldn't know.

CyLence is good stuff. :)

Do you think this would work for sheep? I have both hair and wool sheep on new lush pasture FULL of ticks. Its been ungrazed for years and allowed to be overrun with nature. We have guineas and chickens and ducks free ranging to try to eat them all but there is a lot of ground to cover and A LOT of ticks. I find them on my clothing occasionally and on my skin once in awhile. It was almost a deal killer for this awesome farm but I figured the big brain can figure out how to win and went ahead with the purchase. No regrets, by the way.

Just need to get the ticks under control for the sake of my girls' health.

Reactions: TAH

Toby Baillon

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
It might prove expensive, the Bayer collar cost 50€..... I only have one goat. ;)

Toby Baillon

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
IMG_7249.JPG