fortheloveofgoats journal, Jumpin chickens!

marlowmanor

Reaction score
fortheloveofgoats said:
marlowmanor said:
So sory about Mellow. :hugs We had to explain the same thing to my boys when we lost one of our hamsters (the friendlier of the 2 that we could actually handle). Fortunately they didn't dwell long on it. Logan (my oldest) did ask if we could flush it (all other pet deaths have been fish)! I had to tell him we don't flush hamsters.
Thank you. :hugs So sorry to hear that you lost the friendlier hamster. I remember when you first got them. So is the other one fine? :lol: That's too cute, asking to flush it.
Cloudy (the other hamster) is fine. He is just a look and don't touch pet though because he has a tendency to bite and I don't want the kids to get bit. I had wanted to try to work with him to get him more friendly but haven't had the time to do it.

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
marlowmanor said:
fortheloveofgoats said:
marlowmanor said:
So sory about Mellow. :hugs We had to explain the same thing to my boys when we lost one of our hamsters (the friendlier of the 2 that we could actually handle). Fortunately they didn't dwell long on it. Logan (my oldest) did ask if we could flush it (all other pet deaths have been fish)! I had to tell him we don't flush hamsters.
Thank you. :hugs So sorry to hear that you lost the friendlier hamster. I remember when you first got them. So is the other one fine? :lol: That's too cute, asking to flush it.
Cloudy (the other hamster) is fine. He is just a look and don't touch pet though because he has a tendency to bite and I don't want the kids to get bit. I had wanted to try to work with him to get him more friendly but haven't had the time to do it.
Cloudy, what a cute name. Happy to hear that he is fine. Sorry to hear that he is a little stinker.

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Anyone want to run away with me? Between kids, the van, Dh, brother in law, and just not feeling myself, I want to run away. Will it solve anything? No, but at least for a couple of hours, I will be doing something for myself, and not have to worry about anyone else. I know selfish.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
fortheloveofgoats said:
Anyone want to run away with me? Between kids, the van, Dh, brother in law, and just not feeling myself, I want to run away. Will it solve anything? No, but at least for a couple of hours, I will be doing something for myself, and not have to worry about anyone else. I know selfish.
tell them you are taking a week off and come see me :D

Vickir73

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
you are welcome at my place too. Nope, I don't think you are being selfish at all!! I know exactly how you feel - been there, done that and have the shirt!! :hugs

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
autumnprairie said:
fortheloveofgoats said:
tell them you are taking a week off and come see me :D
Lol, that would be nice. A week off and getting to see a friend. Oh how I wish. :D

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Vickir73 said:
you are welcome at my place too. Nope, I don't think you are being selfish at all!! I know exactly how you feel - been there, done that and have the shirt!! :hugs
Thank you, how great it is to know: 1. that I have friends that would be willing to let me come see them, and 2. that have been through these times. I need to get a shirt. :hugs Thank you for helping me put a smile on my face. :D

Vickir73

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I was having a really, really bad day yesterday (and feeling guilty about it because it was mostly about my kids) so I went and spent the night at a girlfriend's house and we went to check a new goat I'm thinking about buying - AND we shared a mixed berry cobbler (microwavable) with homemade whipped cream! I'm feeling much better today :) - so that's what friends are for - to make us feel better or at least let us cry on their shoulders :love

if you come down, just bring some rain with you, pleeeeease :0)

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Vickir73 said:
I was having a really, really bad day yesterday (and feeling guilty about it because it was mostly about my kids) so I went and spent the night at a girlfriend's house and we went to check a new goat I'm thinking about buying - AND we shared a mixed berry cobbler (microwavable) with homemade whipped cream! I'm feeling much better today :) - so that's what friends are for - to make us feel better or at least let us cry on their shoulders :love

if you come down, just bring some rain with you, pleeeeease :0)
That's awesome! Please share some pictures, if you get it. :D Happy to hear that you you are feeling better. You are so right! Thank you. Well I have no rain to bring with me. :( We are getting the sunshine as well. Although today is a lot cooler. The re modeling is out, as of right now. My brother in law is not moving out. :hit He said that his friend doesn't have his money to move out. Our van is needing to get $1200 work on it. That is happening on Monday. The one thing that is great, once that's done, the mechanic said that the van is good for 100,000 miles. Having problems with DH and the kids as well. All I want is the kitchen to get done, and most of all. I want my boer GOATS. :hit One day, right?