1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. BYH Featured Thread: I'm woolin' it!
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. 2017 BYC Calendar SUPER SALE!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Frozen cream for butter?

Discussion in 'Milking' started by ldawntaylor, May 17, 2016.

1. Jun 30, 2016
    ldawntaylor

ldawntaylor Overrun with beasties

One more batch of butter to make and then I will have to switch to using cream from the store if I'm going on with this project.

As mentioned in another thread - a variation anyway - I am letting my does feed their babies and then dry off. Between the hot weather and my schedule I'm just not getting much milk at all.

Since, the cream has been frozen I will still get to see what the results are like. And with being frozen I can wait a few days to work with it.

2. May 29, 2017
    Finnie

Finnie Overrun with beasties

Hello, I found your butter experiment very interesting. Do you have any update on it?