Goat Names?

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Archie, Arbie, Awe, Austin, Aboo, Axle
My own goats are: Goofy (Pygmy buck), Izzy (Pygmy wether), Hazel(Ngerian), Cassie(Nigerian), Emmy(Nigerian), Diva(Nigerian baby), Velvet(Nigerian baby) & Poppit(Nigerian baby). Sold two Nigerian babies: Shaboo & Mystic.

PendergrassRanch

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We have Cobra and Shelby. They are sisters from a set of triplets. Their sisters name was Chevelle.

The story of their names comes from a 9 year old friend of mine. She had just come from a birthday party and the girls name was Shelby. So she named a kid Shelby. We had to have themes so Cobra and chevelle stuck.

GrimshelsGrazingGoats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
If my first buck turns out to be good at his job I'll probably name him smoltz after john smoltz. He could always start a game and sure could finish one out.

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
I tend to theme names as well. My two adult does were Granny and Franny. Then over the last three years we had Gruff 1, 2, and 3. Next year we're planning to have our permanent buck and he'll be Gruftimus Prime lol.
Our kids that we have named over the last couple of years are based on the weather/circumstances. Like Snow and Storm last year born during a snow storm and Miracle and Chance this year as they had a rocky beginning.

Melanie

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Our goat are :
Buttercup, Blossom, and Bubbles all three are named after the power puff girls. They are pygmy/Nigerian Dwarf crosses

Then we have their kids all born in December
Bam Bam, he was named before he was born because he would constantly kick while in the womb. I think he knew his name before he was born because we would play with him in Blossom's stomach.
Noel and Rudy
Holly and Joy

We also have Brea a pygmy doe

Then our newest additions are Eva a lamancha doe
And her twins Cicily, CiCi for short and Orien

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My goaties:
I did not name all of them but did name most of the babies.

Herd Queen: Coco (light chocolate colored goat)
4 year old buckskin: Rori (registered Aurora)
4 year old solid black blue eyes: Velvet
3 year old Holstein color: Dazzle (registered Baa Dazzled
2 1/2 year old white dalmation like blue eyes Dazzle's doe kid: Gypsy (registered One Boot Gypsy for her one black boot)
1 year old Rori's daughter looks just like her: Dee Dee (registered Chickadee)
baby Dee Dee's daughter looks just like both of them in miniature: Bird (registered Mockingbird)
Coco's daughter dark chocolate with white: Nonnie (registered Nonpareil)
Velvet's twin does both black & white: Fifi & Pene (registered Fifi La Fume & Pene Pussycat, Pepe le Pew's love interests lol)
3 year old white doe: Flower
4 month old Dazzles gold & white doe kid: Zinga (registered Baa Zinga)
8 month old chammy w/moonspots: Puff (registered Cocoa Puff)

The boys are Bo, Harry, Chocobo & one that we are supposed to add in a couple weeks Derringer

Fullhousefarm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
All our goats are registered and we call them something shorter. We didn't name:
Trixie the Lamancha (Trixie pop. As an Aside: If you buy a goat and her name is Trixie, and her Sire is Wicked Revenge beware. There is a reason!)
Black Orchid the ND (Orky or Orchid)
Nim the Grade Lamancha (Nim)
Ruby Jean the Lamancha (Ruby)
MagnHilder (Magn)

We are naming all our Nigerians after Narnia. So far we sold Reepicheep and Peepiceep. We bought Aravis and Lord Drenian.

Trixie's babies are Pop Gun and Popsicle. We are carrying on the "pop." We want to name a girl Pop Tart.

Our non-registered huge Nubian cross wether is Riggs.But, we still call him Little Boy. Slightly humorous.

HoneyDreameMomma

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Our goat are :
Buttercup, Blossom, and Bubbles all three are named after the power puff girls. They are pygmy/Nigerian Dwarf crosses
:thumbsup Three of our ND does are also named after the Powder Puff girls! Buttercup is cream/tan, Blossom is tri-colored, and Bubbles is white with cream. splotches.

Unfortunately, we are selling all of them with their babies, because their genetics have turned out to be not the best. We got a really good deal on them when we bought them last year, but it was definitely a case of 'you get what you pay for.' They've all proven to be questionable moms, Bubbles has been downright lousy, and none of them are good milkers. They all have pretty sweet dispositions, though, especially Buttercup, so I'm hoping someone might want them as pets and/or weed eaters.

We are in the process of downsizing our herd by half. The goats we're keeping are:

Queenie - light brown tri-color - you guessed it, the herd queen. Her babies are
Tumnus - white w/tan legs - wether
Lucy - brown with big white stripe (Narnia is full of great goat names!)
Nibley - dark brown tri-color -as her name indicates, chews everything. Her baby
Snigglefritz - brown w/ white moon spots
Holly - black and white and her babies (the Wonder Twins)
Zan - wether - dark brown tri-color
Jayna - light brown tri-color
Sophie - dark brown tri-color. Her baby
Ami - buckskin with a black racing stripe down her back

Latest posts