Goatgurl - life goes on at someday farm

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
sold her 60 acres across the road and it looks like she will be moving to northwest Arkansas. and who says God doesn't answer prayers. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am about that. now if she can just sell the doublewide setting on the hill in front of my house that will be great.

:hugs:hugs:hugs

I know that was an answered prayer! WOW ! and fast too!
Love the ducks! Just remember if ya need goats.... ;)

Ya know how I was telling you about how I really don't care where I move to... well, not sure about that... the whole family was home again today. Usually a couple times a month they all come home... all I can say is I can't leave 'em. Nope, noway, nohow. Too special! Before long I imagine in 5 y-10 years (hopefully 10) they'll all be married and moving on but for now I'll take the whole brood coming round. I love to see all the siblings having a blast. Laughing, cuttin' up, waiting for food, taking more tupperware(really rubbernaid) filled with the food and walking out the door on their way back home... just does the mind and heart good.
Such joy! I just wish they'd bring back the casserole dishes and rubbermaid containers. :lol:
Not to mention the "friends"... you know the NOT boyfriend and the NOT girlfriends... right ;)

I love cherry and grape tomatoes! They are to me like candy is to a child! Those and cucumbers. Potato chips- 2 and I'm done... cucumber slices.... at least 2-3 cukes!
Made lots of cheese today! :drool Wish you were here!

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce do you have a sibling that you love and want no harm to come to but as a person they aren't your favorite on the planet. having her live and hour and a half away is great, get together for holidays and special events, in my front yard... not so much.
@Southern by choice, I so understand about the not going anywhere. were I in your place I would stay put until they moved me to a "retirement village". you are so blessed to have them all around you, enjoy every minute of it. life can change so quickly. you know of course you will never see your containers again. just an fyi I started sending things home in zip lock bags then I don't have to worry about it. and yes, I ate fritos and tiny tomatoes. ummumm good. and yes cukes are awesome. I don't even salt them, if the skin is tender I don't even peal them, just crunch away. wish I had some of your cheese to go with them. what kind did you make?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My sister lives 3 hours away. I love her dearly. She is a bit of drama Queen-where ever she is, drama is sure to follow. She also thinks I am cruel because I raise animals to eat--but it doesn't stop her from buying factory industrial meat where those animals don't have near the enjoyment of life as mine do. Yeah, 3 hours away is good. I totally get where you're coming from.

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today- all chevre
Blueberry Pie with graham crackers
Cranberry/Orange
Roasted Garlic & Spring Onion (seems my DH cannot grasp that spring onion and chives are two different plants :lol:)
Plain

Tomorrow-
Lemon
Cucumber
@babsbag Truffles :)
Fudge
Cranberry/Pecan

Yeah, these bottle baby Lamanchas take a lot of milk! MY TURN! :D

GW is boss at the cheese!
We had lots of taste testers today! :)
Yep, it is pretty special when they all come home. My son bought a new toy! A Jeep! They all went muddin! Boy do I have laundry to do! He washed off the mud in the drive with the power washer... oh my goodness! It's gravel it'll wash out but oh my goodness!
My plan is to go to the boys house and cook for them and freeze a bunch of food!
Nobody does like momma! ;)
There is a lot of things I just don't know how they will freeze though... need to try it out here but if I make it, it will NEVER make it to the freezer.
Maybe you know... how well does Stromboli freeze? Or any stuffed breads?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Well, they sell frozen stuffed breads in the grocery... I'd have to guess they freeze OK... Maybe just don't cook them 100%... maybe like 90-95%? :idunno

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We freeze our home made pizza and it thaws out fine. I made a big dish of lasagna yesterday and froze it for 3+ meals. It isn't the same but it thaws out and tastes like fresh made.

lcertuche

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Y'all are making me tired reading about all that work. I would love to learn cheesemaking. Maybe someday when I have a place for some dairy critters of course by then I'll be :old.

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMG_1249.JPG IMG_1254.JPG IMG_1250.JPG want to guess what the girls got into today and no it wasn't Katie's lipstick. no one seems any worse for wear for their pokeberry frenzy.
took 4 lambs to the sale a couple of weeks ago. got a good price for them. a bit of extra $ comes in handy now and then.
nothing new here. goats got in and ruined the biggest part of my garden. its beginning to become a yearly thing dang their hides. youall take are