Goatgurl - life goes on at someday farm

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce i'm thinking she could have waited for at least another hour, just until I got home and got her in the barn. she could have crossed her legs, that would have helped. with the lambs so far the count is boys 1, girls 6. have one more to go. if I wanted to keep more ewes that would be great, I could pick the best from the crowd but since they age destined for the dinner table maybe not so good a ratio. suppose to having freezing rain tonight so cookie and her three are locked in the barn again tonight, the littlest of the three has a little bit of a hard time competing with her bigger sisters for snacks so thought it best that they stay in. youall have probably noticed att the spots on this years lambs, not sure why, used the same ram I used last year but this batch has sure been a colorful bunch. the one on the left with the eye patch is the only boy so far.
20190209_113559 (2).jpg

made a big pot of mayocoba beans for supper today, complete with leftover ham bone, so warm and comforting in this cold weather. @Mike CHS since I know you like good oriental food I thought of you when I saw it and thought i'd post it for ya.
IMG_0453 (2).JPG

sorry for the poor quality but its hard to get a picture of a picture. made me laugh.
youall take care and i'll see ya later.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
It must be sun spots or something. We have color this lambing with the same stock that has shown nothing but white the last two times. I love those markings.

Edit I just saw your Moo Shoe post and had to Thank You for a good smiling end to the evening. :)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
with the lambs so far the count is boys 1, girls 6. have one more to go. if I wanted to keep more ewes that would be great, I could pick the best from the crowd but since they age destined for the dinner table maybe not so good a ratio.
Perhaps the ewe lambs would sell for a good price?

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
just because i'm insane I will probably keep a couple of the spotted ewe lambs but the rest will be gone by fall. spots taste the same as no spots but maybe people who just want a few sheep like me would rather have a pretty spotted girl. boys on the other hand bring a better price at market. still have one more ewe to lamb, I thought sure she would have them today while I was at work but nope, still packed tight in there. princess Fiona had the first set of goat twins this year. twin bucks. hope this isn't the norm because these are my last kids out of choco and I would like to keep another daughter or two.
had lunch yesterday with @Senile_Texas_Aggie and his beautiful gal. a good time was had by all and I tried really hard to behave myself. I look forward to watching their growth as land and livestock owners over the coming years. they sure have the want to and i'm guessing they'll be successful at what ever they decide to do.

Latest posts