goats escaped

brytniallyssa

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Help! I have 2 goats and they escaped over night and I cannot find them! I have searched the whole property drove up and down our road to see if they got hit and asked a couple neighbors and no one has seen them! Do they have any sense of direction can they find their way home? I've searched for animal control and I can't find a number so I was going to call the local spca and other shelters. There is a huge quarry on the other side of the property we are going to ride through there next does anybody know anything else I could do? I just want to find my babies and bring them home safe!

currycomb

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
call your sherrif department. make your description simple, most would not know a breed, so give color, how ears hang, with or without horns, etc

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
Post signs in the neighborhood. Even go a mile or two. They can travel far. There have been a couple of people who's goats were over a mile away when they found them.

I hope you find your goats. :hugs

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Great advice so far. How long have you had the goats? If they've been there for a while then they should be able to find their way home. If they're new then it would be harder for them. And of course it depends on what "made" them escape...their reason. I wish you the best in your search :hugs

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
My goats escaped last week and we found them over a mile away in thick, dense woods. We searched over 5 hours and we had 4 of us. They got that far in less then 7 hours. I hope you find them. Having to search for missing goats is not fun.

As for info or help, I would type up a bunch of flyers that has info on them about them. I made one and gave the goat's name, tattoo, scrapie ear tag #, color, horns and what the looked like, color, and also there disposition. I would give them to as many people as you can go several miles out. Don't forget to leave you contact info.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Craig's list in your area too in the Lost and Found...around here many people check that too if they find an animal/s Hope you find them!!! :fl

brytniallyssa

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks guys im gonna try the flyers and make a couple calls today unfortunately we still haven't found them. We have only had them a litte over 2 weeks. They know their names from the previous owner so they come when you call them. None of the neighbors have seen them and check everywhere for about a mile or so but out here things are spaced a bit apart there are alot of huge fields dense woods and a quarry. Not to mention all the other animals out here I miss them and am afraid for them hope we find them but it doesn't look good right now.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
Post signs in the neighborhood. Even go a mile or two. They can travel far. There have been a couple of people who's goats were over a mile away when they found them.

I hope you find your goats. :hugs
x2

We had 3 that travelled about 4 miles and were out over night in coyote country. We put up signs and had them home within an hour. BIG sign. Just say Lost Goats and phone number. No need for details. Not everyday a goat wanders through your yard. Mine could've had all the fruit tress on our property, but no, they wanted roses on someones else's land. Ours stuck together, so at least that was good.

Good luck :hugs

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes...if I saw a sign and had an animal come to my property I would for sure contain it/them and phone the number!!!! Really hope you get your goats back!!! :fl