Goats&moregoats: KickinUpDust Farm Journal

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We can only seek for His Will to be done....receive the Blessings with "Thanksgiving", and ask for strength, comfort, and understanding when it doesn't seem to "Go our Way". I'm sure Moses' mother didn't feel "Blessed" by losing her child, but The Father had "Special Plans and Purpose' for him.
It does sound like your feet are finding some solid ground to stand on....give Him the Praise and Glory....:)

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
I saw this the other day and haven't had a chance to ask you.

Glad things are turning out!

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
We can only seek for His Will to be done....receive the Blessings with "Thanksgiving", and ask for strength, comfort, and understanding when it doesn't seem to "Go our Way". I'm sure Moses' mother didn't feel "Blessed" by losing her child, but The Father had "Special Plans and Purpose' for him.
It does sound like your feet are finding some solid ground to stand on....give Him the Praise and Glory....:)

well said!

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
So the only change right now is Mavis is not coming back. The person who has her wants to buy her and I feel it is better to not keep moving her. So the four goats I have are doing really well as is Tahoe. I have taken down a section of pallets and put up more electric fencing. Remainder of pallet fencing will be changed over to electric over the course of the summer. Took down buck pen and shelter and will set that up in a different area altogether. Not planning on getting any more animals until next Spring anyways. Moving the nursery section of the goat section and developing a better setup for that as well. Cleaning out chicken coop and making that an addition to the goat barn. This will give me accesses to the goat barn without having to go through the pasture. Plans to improve feeding stations for the goats. I want a few chickens next year but want to purchase a small chicken coop and build a much better run for them.

Just got back recently from a visit with the grandchildren. I go back the weekend of May 6 & 7th for another visit. Planning a visit to the Cleveland zoo with the grandchildren. Court on May 24th providing it doesn't get postponed again. Nervous and excited at the same time as far as court goes. It is looking very good for the two girls to be placed with me.

Starting to get excited about the move. I know I will love it out there as I am there 85% of the time when I am not traveling(lol). It's just so peaceful and removed from "city" life. Plus I will get a lot more done if I can get out around the barns/pasture at first light. Also being able to work until the daylight is almost gone will allow for much more to be accomplished. Weight loss plan for this year....work until I can't and then cool off in the in ground pool!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sure sounds like ya have alot going on with plans for the future. I sure hope it comes together for ya and the remodels go really well for ya up there. Hoping ya get the answers ya have long awaited for in May, too.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry, I've not been keeping up

but want to purchase a small chicken coop and build a much better run for them.

You can build a bigger and better coop for less money that what most of the commercial coops cost. And they almost always really inflate the number of chickens the coop will hold.

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hello Everybody:), I am back in the loop.

Still in the battle for custody of my grandchildren, but it is starting to look real good. Another visit in late August and a visit and court in late September.

I have moved to the property where I had my little farm. In the process of re-establishing a small herd of ND goats and getting two LGD's.

I have found a young GP that needs a new home, so I am inquiring about him:drool. He is 9 months old and has been with goats since he was 12 weeks. They also have two ND that need to be re-homed. One wether and one doe. There is no re-homing fee.

I have also found a part time job on a small farm and I am working toward the purchase of a male Maremma:drool who is 7 months old. He is working well at the side of his parents. Great with a variety of animals including fowl. We took to each other instantly.

Plus I am inquiring about 4 ND does who have papers for 300.00:love. If I get these plus the two free ones:love:love, then that will be it until I get a buck next year.

I want chickens again as well, but not in a rush to get those.

It will be nice to have the little farm back up and running and actually live on the same property.

It is my full believe that if this is meant to be God will show me the way and also provide the way to continue to fund the lawyer fee. I am super excited!

So excited to be back on this site with so much to look forward to.