Goats&moregoats: KickinUpDust Farm Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
This offer was explained to us last night. A friend of the family is trying to get a loan to pay off the balance of the mortgage, but with the stipulation that Doreen and my family can remain in the home until Doreen passes or becomes unmanageable at home.
Now THERE is the opposite of the step-son. This person cares about Doreen.

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Update: Doreen is now in NY with her daughter and she now knows about loosing her home & why. She is understandably livid. I have talk with her twice. She understands for the most part, but believes it happen since she has been gone. Anyhow, I was told that it was finally reported and steps are being taken to prosecute the offender.
As for now I continue to care for the home & vehicle until I am able to move in September.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anyhow, I was told that it was finally reported and steps are being taken to prosecute the offender.
:weeeI hope they throw the book at her.
I bet you have figured out that whole action really pisses me off.
I feel so badly for you and Doreen. Were it not for the scum, things would have gone swimmingly. Can't go back and keep it from happening though :(

goats&moregoats

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Update: So supposedly SIL called authorities and was told that because of the way the POA papers were written up there is nothing that anyone can do. I think someone is full of s---! Nothing I can do so I guess we have to just let it go.

on another quick note: I did finally get the pool operating again. Mow to get it clean to use it.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Time for a second opinion. If the POA holder was using Doreen's money for her personal gain, it is highly unlikely the POA was written to allow that.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I held the POA for both of my parents before they recently passed away. I called the financial agency that held their 401K and was told I could do anything, I repeat ANYTHING, with the money in that account with the exception of changing beneficiaries. It pays to pick your POA with great caution!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Legal thievery.
Only if you're a dishonest snake in the grass! :( I was able to sell their house after the Harvey flood...they were incapacitated and never had to sign a single paper or give any consent of any kind...it's a little scary how much power that a POA holder really has.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seems reasonable if they are incapable of dealing with things themselves and THEY get the proceeds. Sounds like the person involved with @goats&moregoats' case was taking money that should have gone to pay the mortgage. I guess if I ever put a POA together it will be specific that any money of MINE that is spent is spent for MY benefit. I would have thought that was standard. I suppose if there is a fair amount of work involved there could be a stipend for the POA's work, since they would be doing it on my behalf.