Good Morning!--Chat thread

2468herdsrgr8

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
WINTER !!!!!! :barnie I think the heats getting to you !!!!!
Now shut your eyes and just think about 5pm and its pitch black out and the wind is going sideways and your out mucking or collecting eggs and you wish you brought your gloves ....and you slip and fall on some ice.....
]Go drink some cold water ...I think your becoming Dehydrated ....haha ha ha ha !!!;)

homesteadingcowgirl

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
it has been extremely cold here-not at all like August! I have a feeling that the winter is going to be very, very hard here-everything I have seen indicates so!

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
2468herdsrgr8 said:
WINTER !!!!!! :barnie I think the heats getting to you !!!!!
Now shut your eyes and just think about 5pm and its pitch black out and the wind is going sideways and your out mucking or collecting eggs and you wish you brought your gloves ....and you slip and fall on some ice.....
]Go drink some cold water ...I think your becoming Dehydrated ....haha ha ha ha !!!;)
Hahaha... It's SO HOT THOUGH, and I keep hearing thunder but there is NO RAIN. Even the DUCKS who sit in their cold wading pool are hot!

2468herdsrgr8

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Over here The skies opened up this afternoon while I was mucking the shelter ....I was trapped in the shelter with the horses ...who enjoyed all the extra attention ....Think snow snow snow !!!! But its again very hot ...

Bronco Hollow

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Good Evening !!!!!

I painted trim on the house today. It was insanely hot, the dogs had to be underfoot all the time and the flies were getting drunk on Deep Woods Off.

Tomorrow I am going to grab that big black horse and shove his arse into a trailer and head to my neighbor Judy's. I have not been on a horse since March! Wayyyyyy toooo long!

Meeting another girlfriend there - were are trading produce; grannysmith apples and peaches for tomatoes and an assortment of onions. :)

Then I have to make a drive into Oakhurst to pick up a letter from my old doctor that I'm medically OK so maybe then I can get health insurance.

Thats all the news from the mountain... have maybe pictures tomorrow when I get home.....

Have a great night - Waving hello

Bronco Hollow

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Oh, you know they are talking El Nino this year.... that means rain, lots of rain, straight downpour rain... that means mud...boot sucking mud....

:weee

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
2468herdsrgr8 said:
Over here The skies opened up this afternoon while I was mucking the shelter ....I was trapped in the shelter with the horses ...who enjoyed all the extra attention ....Think snow snow snow !!!! But its again very hot ...
See now howcome we didn't get any of your rain? It thundered and lightening'd and it was all dark and grey and nothing... it all blew over!

2468herdsrgr8

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Bronco Hollow said:
Oh, you know they are talking El Nino this year.... that means rain, lots of rain, straight downpour rain... that means mud...boot sucking mud....

OOOOH ! I just love boot suckin' mud !!!! Where my daughter takes English riding lessons ....she's only 11 ...they let the kids go out to the pasture to fetch the horse ....I dont feel comfortable letting her do that because theres maybe 20 horses/ponies in there.....and plus the mud comes up to the top of my boots ...so as i was walking her horse out at an arm length away from me my one boot got sucked into the mud and @#$% and off it came and down I went to my knees to my hands almost getting my face ....OHHHHHHH Man !!!!! The horses had higher dryer areas to eat and stand ....but going towards the gate .....

2468herdsrgr8

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
2468herdsrgr8 said:
See now howcome we didn't get any of your rain? It thundered and lightening'd and it was all dark and grey and nothing... it all blew over!
Oh I hate when that happens .....

lupinfarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
2468herdsrgr8 said:
Bronco Hollow said:

OOOOH ! I just love boot suckin' mud !!!! Where my daughter takes English riding lessons ....she's only 11 ...they let the kids go out to the pasture to fetch the horse ....I dont feel comfortable letting her do that because theres maybe 20 horses/ponies in there.....and plus the mud comes up to the top of my boots ...so as i was walking her horse out at an arm length away from me my one boot got sucked into the mud and @#$% and off it came and down I went to my knees to my hands almost getting my face ....OHHHHHHH Man !!!!! The horses had higher dryer areas to eat and stand ....but going towards the gate .....
Hahaha... My barn had the same "policy" about kids bringing their own horses in. My horse really didn't like other horses, very mareish and she bites every darn horse on the way in LOL but our barn was pretty low lying and it was very wet by the door into the barn and ohhh it was horrible!