Greetings from North Central Arkansas

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another big howdy and welcome from the Great Lone Star State, where the stars at night are big and bright! Glad you found us! Grab yourself a beverage from yonder table and sit a spell... unless that ewe of your is finally having her babies. If that's the case we would love pictures! Please and thank you.

Ponker

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I attached a few photos. Some animals were not impressed with the camera. They refused to stand still or pose for me. I went through what I did take and these are the ones that are not too blurry and in some cases you can even see their faces!
Cinnamon.jpg

Cinnamon the young doe. Just a pretty mixed breed I received for helping my neighbor butcher a bunch of meat rabbits one day.
Ben and Commador refusing to pose.jpg

Commador and Ben the two Muscovy drakes. The ladies refused to get their photo taken on such a sloppy day. Sorry its a little blurry.
Gloria and her crew.jpg

Gloria on the left with her kits. The little broken doe on the right is going to my friend whose buck is the sire.
Nellie the good momma.jpg

Nellie is a registered American Chinchilla Rabbit. I call her Nastie Nellie because she is a messy messy girl.
Nellie's babies.jpg

Nastie Nellie is a great momma with her first kindle of eight.
Stay outside and get some fresh air!.jpg

These Dorkings, Favorelles, and Guineas came as day olds from Sand Hill Preservation on October 26! They were in the house and then, when they were old enough, the went to the barn, then finally to the coop. They are such happy and funny birds with wild, livid personalities.
Young chickens going outside.jpg

In the spring I'm going to let them free range.I'm also getting two more guineas for the tick and chigger control they are great at.
Kaarina being sweet.jpg

This is Kaarina my big pregnant Finnsheep ewe.
Athena sporting her shaggy hay look.jpg

Athena who is carrying her first lamb(s) due in late March. She's a hay magnet. I can't keep her fleece clean no matter what I do. In the spring I'm getting coats for all of them. I'm researching them now for the best quality.
Spots and Big BettyLou.jpg

Spots (lounging) and BettyLou (eating as usual) my two big hair sheep. They are such sweethearts. They're both due in March as well.

Holstein, my Finnsheep ram would not let me get a decent photo so I'll have to add it later.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Beautiful animals. Seems we are all living "together" in the nasty mud this year -- from rain to snow & ice, the meltdown is MUD!

Welcome from VA.

Lots of knowledgeable people on here -- willing to help others. And we all LOVE to see and share pics, especially with others who can actually appreciate our simple joy at the hatching of a chick or birthing of a lamb, or picking the first ripe tomato!

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome from Indiana. I have some friends there living in the Ozark's. I do not know how big a range that is. She is an artist and uses a shed on their property for that. He welds and uses the barn. If I were there, I would have some animals in those structures. Are you in the mountains?

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome. You would probably enjoy books and blogs of Gene Logsdon.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing all the pics of your animals with us! Very nice looking group you've got there! :thumbsup
:hideexcept the lack of dogs or goats:idunno

Latest posts