Grey Wolves back in the news.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'd rather have the coyotes your worrying about than the wolves. There are way to many here for the wildlife to support and that is a huge problem.

gaited horse

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
jhm47 said:
Yup, Obama is gung ho to save the wolves. He's also gung ho to allow our tax money to be used to abort babies all over the world. He's gung ho to halt offshore drilling. He's appointed a tax dodger to head the IRS. It's going to be a looooooooooong four years.
is'nt he just so great :th :sick :rant :somad :smack

sparkles2307

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
gaited horse said:
jhm47 said:
Yup, Obama is gung ho to save the wolves. He's also gung ho to allow our tax money to be used to abort babies all over the world. He's gung ho to halt offshore drilling. He's appointed a tax dodger to head the IRS. It's going to be a looooooooooong four years.
is'nt he just so great :th :sick :rant :somad :smack
I dont like the name rhyming with Osama..... lol

And I dont care how rare it is, if its after my kids I am going to shoot it and if they tell me that is wrong I will ask how much they were going to pay me to "compensate for the loss" of my children!

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
gaited horse said:
Farmer Kitty said:
Please, let's not go political.
sorry farmer
No problem, I just don't do political--to many arguments.

We have a neighbor that let his dogs out for a bathroom break in the middle of the night a couple nights ago. The dogs ran back to the house from the woods, which are right out the back door(tiny lawn), with a wolf chasing them. :barnie

gaited horse

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Farmer Kitty said:
gaited horse said:
Farmer Kitty said:
Please, let's not go political.
sorry farmer
We have a neighbor that let his dogs out for a bathroom break in the middle of the night a couple nights ago. The dogs ran back to the house from the woods, which are right out the back door(tiny lawn), with a wolf chasing them. :barnie
git the gun mama

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
DH hunts. There's more than one gun here. The neighbor whose dogs were chased in has caught some flack over not using one but, spouting off about how they need to be thinned. :/

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
Pure Country, I agree w/ you 100%....
Wolves also practice birth control...something a lot of humans could learn and benefit from.

Our livestock guardian dogs do a great job of warding off predators. Otherwise I'm sure we'd lose stock to coyotes and the occasional fox...we used to lose birds all the time.

Our guard llama protected the goats but didn't see the birds as part of his "herd", so he was replaced by 2 pyrs and an Anatolian Sheperd.

As a long time admirer of wild canids and predators in general, and wolves especially, I am probably one of the few farmers in the world who believes it's better to scare them off than kill them on sight.

Would I like it if one moved in and started killing my goats? Nope.
Would I kill them? Nope, I'd get another LGD or 3 to keep them away.

I cannot understand how folks can "blame" an animal for doing what Nature, in all her infinite wisdom, created them to do.

I'm paraphrasing here but:
"Where would man be w/out the beasts? Without the beasts, Man would die from a great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts, also happens to man." - Chief Seattle

Heaven help humans if some "superior" animal ever comes along and decides we need eradicated for doing what we've done to this planet...
Because they'd be right.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Roll farms, you may one day have to deal with the over flow of wolves from here. I'm not exaggerating. They are multiplying rapidly and are way over populated for the wildlife that is their prey. This is the DNR's fault. Nature would have seen to it that things were better in balance. You think a dog or three will keep wolves at bay? Or maybe the dogs will become their prey-some of that happening here now.