Gypsy's Rambles, Wanders, Wonders and Blunders

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Greetings stranger, wanted to see what you are up too. My kits are doing fine got a twoish week old kit brought to me today, got it sommsh smelling like the other seven kits in the pile. See if everyone has become accepting the morning. Hope the two other does's are pregnant this time......or third try and if no success,.... diner and a movie for us....on them
Hope you are doing well, :frow
I am doing well. I had got angry with my service provider over price hikes, but I'm back online! How are your bunny adventures going? How is Wilson?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am doing well. I had got angry with my service provider over price hikes, but I'm back online! How are your bunny adventures going? How is Wilson?
Haha, I sat out here for 9 months on my cell phone. Finally got Hughes Net satellite internet. It sorta sucks, but is the best thing going here. I totally get what you are saying.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
The bunny adventures...lmao....have had two litters, another on the way.....Wilson and Mrs Wilson are both Flemish giants from diffrent parts of the state and are living in there McMansion very contently.
My garden bath tub has 15 chicks in it right now (as i managed to cook five with too much heat lamp )
9 of my goats are prego and i am getting six more (nubians) some may be prego, some will come with new kid.....total zoo and loving it.
Don't disappear again, lol...you have been missed :bunny

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've missed you too!

It sounds like you have been really busy!

I've added some new members to my herd too!

KIMG0570.jpg

Ella - Pedigreed standard chinchilla Sr. Doe with one leg earned in shows? I don't understand the show rabbit jargon yet. I have a junior doe and a buck coming in March.

KIMG0574.jpg

Loretta - mismarked Harliquin from pedigreed parents. I have a trio of unrelated pedigreed harlies reserved.

KIMG0603.jpg

Francis - A super-steele French lop from pedigreed stock with an ear that misbehaves. I'm actively looking for a show quality pair.

KIMG0594.jpg

Scarface - a junior TAMUK NZ that I traded for.

KIMG0578.jpg

Alice - Jr. TAMUK NZ doe I traded for.

I also ended up keeping 3 of Wendy "The Wonder Doe" girls from her litter of 13. (Wendy's most recent litter was 15, and all does are already reserved!)

Sweetpea
KIMG0585.jpg

Bluebell
KIMG0583.jpg

Daisy - terrible pic, every time I come close she assumes her "scratch my back and between my ears" pose.
KIMG0586.jpg

I also kept a buck from Hosta's first litter.

Cordon Bleu -
KIMG0602.jpg

I have not been able to keep up with demand... I have a waiting list for does and I have several regular customers who pick up lots of fryer bucks... My freezer is even getting low! I had to add a few more does!

I'm trying to bring in more pedigreed stock to keep up with 4H and FFA demand. FFA can use meat mutts for their SAE projects, but neither group can use them for showing. Rabbits are great for the town kids who want to participate in FFA and 4H, so I'm working on trying to get them some good show stock locally at reasonable prices.

I have four of my specialty meat mutt litters in the nest boxes right now, three more due on the 2nd. I found out that both my black rex and my big blue Flemish/satin/rex buck were hiding a chocolate gene! Hellena had a litter of 14 black, blue, lilac, and CHOCOLATE!!!
:ep:celebrate

I'm picking up a dozen "all-female" black Australorp chicks on Friday, and I've been trying to negotiate a trade for some quail all morning...

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thats awesome you have a good market for the rabbits...way to go girl. We have a waiting list on this two kindlings and on our kids also....
Enjoy your chickies, lol...little poopin machines,
My layers are starting to molt... They are still laying for now, but I'm probably going to end up with a gap of no eggs... They laid all winter with no supplement light though, so I can't complain too much!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@GypsyG you have some beautiful rabbits. I love the Chinchilla doe. A leg is a first place, 3 legs and you can obtain a champion certificate. What are your other breeds?

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@GypsyG you have some beautiful rabbits. I love the Chinchilla doe. A leg is a first place, 3 legs and you can obtain a champion certificate. What are your other breeds?
Most of my rabbits are mixed breeds, I started with the goal of just building the most hardy robust herd I could, and I didnt care if they took longer than comercial production breeds to feed out as long as I could get them there cheaper on weeds, garden scraps, and fodder. My meat mutts started exceeding my expectations by getting to butcher weight nearly as fast as NZs and take a lot less pelleted feed. I'll always keep a herd of meat mutts. I have a few purebred rabbits in my meatmutt herd that didn't conform to breed standards... A Flemish doe the breeder thought was too small (15.3 lb), a French lop with a funky ear, a halequin with a run-on band, an oversized standard rex doe, and two TAMUK NZs.

The chinchilla doe and a little chinchilla Jersey Woolie buck I picked up for my niece are my only show quality pedigreed rabbits so far.

I have some more chinchillas and some harliquins reserved and I'm actively searching for a pair or trio of French Lops. I would love to find a trio of black Flemish, but would settle for Light Gray's and/or whites.

My niece also talked me into speaking for a trio of Polish for her that we are picking up on Friday, and we are looking for her a couple of Jersey Woolie does. She started getting really interested in getting involved when I let her have the profits from her favorite doe because she helps me give all the baby's enough attention to assure they are friendly and outgoing... Now she's getting interested in 4H and showing.

Those guys at BYC think chicken math is crazy?! :lol:

When I get a bigger place I want some beverens, d'argents, Americans, and French angoras too. My niece says she wants some Florida Whites and Dutch...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I raised Satins many years ago, my favorite was Siamese Satins, colored like a Siamese cat. I had red, white, black, and chinchilla Satins.

GypsyG

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I raised Satins many years ago, my favorite was Siamese Satins, colored like a Siamese cat. I had red, white, black, and chinchilla Satins.
Satins are soooo pretty. I have a couple of satin mixes. My neice also has a satin buck pet that I can't talk her into letting me send to freezer camp... He was a impulse rescue who ended up having a split penis so he can't be bred... It's a shame, because he has the prettiest brightest chestnut coat I have ever seen.