Hello eveyone. I am in trouble again.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
sorry wrong thread.
My Peanut lost all of her triplets. She is now having trouble herself. She is slow, losing weight, stumbling once in a while. She fell over a tree root today and could not raise herself up. I rolled her over and held her until she could get up. Yesterday, I have her 1 ml high level vit b complex, probiotics, and some Jumpstart plus. Today I gave her 2 ml b complex and some Jumpstart plus. I have no vet close that does goats. They don't even carry thiamine. Don't do housecalls unless you have lots of cattle and money. I have to try to get supplies through the mail. Most I can't get due to no rx. I don't want to lose her. Last February she went blind for 1 week. I babied her for 2 weeks until she recovered. She gave birth Oct 23. And lost her first triplet at 2 weeks, her second at 2 months and the last at 2 1/2 months. She did not have an problems until the last week. Just been getting slower.
@Goat Whisperer @frustratedearthmother @Nifty @Southern by choice @B&B Happy goats @OneFineAcre @animalmom @babsbag @Pearce Pastures @RollingAcres @farmerjan @Wehner Homestead @Sweet horizon Nigerians see
what do you think?

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hate this for you, it sounds like you have done the best you can for her without a vet...how do her eye lids look, are they pale pink or nice and red ? If they are pale I would suspect she has a worm load and needs red cell to help with the anemia...I and if she gets stronger, worm her..I would keep up the b complx, more often, offer her anything that will boost her energy level, blackstrap molasses, in water or electrolytes... power punch...
.does she have a temp? Any discharge ? ....you got nonthing to loose at this point throwing everything at her as she is rapidly declining.....hopefully you will get some more answers on there way :hugs

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m new to goats, so, I’m only asking if this might ba vuable option...what about some nutridrench? I use it on my ducks wheb they are ill and uptight really seems to help. I also just bought at TS some Jumpstart...it’s for my preg does and kids, but oerha it could given in this supituation.

sfgwife

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
sorry wrong thread.
My Peanut lost all of her triplets. She is now having trouble herself. She is slow, losing weight, stumbling once in a while. She fell over a tree root today and could not raise herself up. I rolled her over and held her until she could get up. Yesterday, I have her 1 ml high level vit b complex, probiotics, and some Jumpstart plus. Today I gave her 2 ml b complex and some Jumpstart plus. I have no vet close that does goats. They don't even carry thiamine. Don't do housecalls unless you have lots of cattle and money. I have to try to get supplies through the mail. Most I can't get due to no rx. I don't want to lose her. Last February she went blind for 1 week. I babied her for 2 weeks until she recovered. She gave birth Oct 23. And lost her first triplet at 2 weeks, her second at 2 months and the last at 2 1/2 months. She did not have an problems until the last week. Just been getting slower.
@Goat Whisperer @frustratedearthmother @Nifty @Southern by choice @B&B Happy goats @OneFineAcre @animalmom @babsbag @Pearce Pastures @RollingAcres @farmerjan @Wehner Homestead @Sweet horizon Nigerians see
what do you think?

bcomplex every six hours round the clock. If you have a cattle or horse friend ask if they can get you a bottle of banamine. It helps with inflamation.

Nao57

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
sorry wrong thread.
what do you think?

I come from a family with a veterinarian in it. But he's retired from injuries.

I want to say that it became a problem many years ago of people thinking veterinary work was a get rich quick scheme. Its not supposed to be like that.

You might be able to try to find a farm vet specifically. Avoid city vets. They tend to only want to work certain things.

And growing up we knew a few vets and they weren't like that with only wanting tons of cattle and money.

But after such and such person retired we saw a huge increase in money scheming with people wanting huge fees for stuff. It was crazy.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
The local vet here is all about money. I took a goat fecal sample in and was told to bring the goat in. What?? I have the sample right here just collected. I live 20 minutes from town. Very small town. I have 6 goats. I am not bringing them to town just for a fecal sample. I sent them off to Meadowmist lab service. Had them done for $5 each.
Btw, Peanut is great now. I let everyone go a year without breeding. They all are doing great so I should get good healthy kids this coming spring.