Hello from Texas!

TexasJacobs

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hi from Texas! I have been reading the posts on BYH for a while now and finally decided to join. My family and I have a small farm in Texas and raise Jacob sheep and chickens. Our farm consists of: 6 Jacob sheep, cats, 4 horses, cats, a cow, cats, several chickens, cats and a great Pyrenees guard dog...did I mention the cats?:D We obviously have a weakness for cats! Also just got several baby chicks (I believe there are 21) from Ideal Poultry. We love our farm and feel very blessed to have it! Looking forward to being a member of the forum and chatting with everyone about animals and farming!

TexasJacobs

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that I (TJS) have changed my username from "TJS" to "TexasJacobs". The "TJS" was supposed to stand for Texas Jacob Sheep (our farm name) but it seemed...awkward I think. Anyway just wanted everyone to know that TJS has switched to TexasJacobs.

Moonshine

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh I love it! Cats, cats and more cats. We have 6 here. I'm new too from TX!

TexasJacobs

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Yes we love our cats! Most of them are either strays or kittens that people have dumped on our property. We lost one of our cats over this last weekend though. He stayed out too late and we think coyotes got him:(
So now we have just 6 cats and are searching for another LGD to help protect against coyotes!

Moonshine

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Oh that's rough. I know what it is to lose one.

eekranch

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hello Welcome to the herd. I am new myself. I am in North Carolina