HELP HUMAN PEST

violetsky888

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
You're right about the regular horse people not understanding the difference in feeding minis. You have to do a lot of research and ask questions to understand what it takes to get a mini into optimal physical condition. It's really difficult to provide all the nutrients they need, plus roughage without winding up with a seriously overweight horse. I need to put them on a diet now, which is darn hard to do. I have trouble myself limiting their intake.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lock up all the food and hay. Lock up the barn, lock gates, close off driveway, put up signs, put up a game camera and then call the cops and press charges every single time they trespass.

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
Lock up all the food and hay. Lock up the barn, lock gates, close off driveway, put up signs, put up a game camera and then call the cops and press charges every single time they trespass.

As much as I agree that is a possible, a wholly legal, way to go about it it will most likely lead to trouble down the road. Hard feelings between neighbors leads to hard times. They will retaliate.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought this was a 3rd property they were fixing up to sell.
If not and you're fixing up to live in it....Then you need to have many serious talks with these people and explain as much as possible. Plus some signs and locking everything up.

violetsky888

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I just wish the 9th commandment got a little more floor time in Sunday sermons. I'm just so frustrated because I don't want to have hard feelings on either side, yet I can sense she is never going to see my side. I guess life throws some unexpected challenges at you and relativity speaking this isn't that big of a problem. I'm resolved now to try to mend whats wrong with the best possible outcome. I'm going to swallow my anger and ask for my neighbor for help with something relating to the ponies and hopefully that will start a nice friendship or at least a peaceful understanding. It is probably a good idea to start locking the gates and feed and put up cameras as well. Sigh....

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Make her realize the way she dumps food can KILL the minis. Pretty much no one knows the right way to feed them.
It'll be a big problem then, since you'll be blamed for their deaths or sudden serious health issues.

violetsky888

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Make her realize the way she dumps food can KILL the minis. Pretty much no one knows the right way to feed them.
It'll be a big problem then, since you'll be blamed for their deaths or sudden serious health issues.

I'm worried about that as well. The mare in the avatar I bought a few weeks after she gave birth to a foal that was deformed. She still had milk in her udders. The owner said the vet took the foal and was going to try to save him. (not sure of the outcome of that). Anyways, it's possible she was rebred in her foal heat which would make her only a few months along. If she is indeed in the early stages of pregnancy she shouldn't be showing now and she looks like she is going to drop a foal any minute. That said, if this excess feeding doesn't stop she WILL have complications, (if she is bred) based on the known high risk related to minis in foaling and I would imagine any overly obese horse. There's always a risk when buying livestock they might be bred. Sometimes it's a wonderful surprise with minis not necessarily so since foaling requires a lot of preparation and diligence on the owner's part. It's really important to know the due date since you want to keep a close eye on the mare due to the high frequency of red bag deliveries that require help. You don't want to add any unnecessary negative factors to an already risky pregnancy like bad nutrition or excess/underweight. Does anyone know how early you can use a sonogram on a mini? I have 3 minis and need to take the newest one in for shots etc and will bring in the other 2 if a.) I can get definitive answers about whether they are bred or not, and b.) cost (I thought I read somewhere sonograms are not reliable based on position of foal, and palpating mini's causes abortion)???

w c

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Send her a very, very nice friendly letter on your lawyer's letterhead, written by your lawyer.

Make absolutely sure people don't get on your property, especially one being fixed up. They usually injure themselves and then promptly sue everyone within 100 miles. If they don't sue, their health insurance company will.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had been trying to dry lot the two minis and they kept getting bigger.

Here's your problem. You cruel person, don't you know horses are supposed to be kept on lush pasture?!! (That's sarcasm.) Some people do not understand about dry lots; I wonder how they would feel about horses kept on pasture, but wearing muzzles so they couldn't eat too much of it?

Some vets will not sonogram a mini, something about the size of the device, or something.

I'm not sure whether this link will work; I haven't tried a link since the changeover. This company makes an equine pregnancy test that you can use at home to determine whether your mare is actually pregnant. It's quick and easy to use, the only trick is figuring out how to get the urine sample.:rolleyes:
http://www.weefoal.com/

boykin2010

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I believe bio tracking also has horse pregnancy tests with over 90% accuracy