help...llama female down...drooling and gurgling...might have ate

dwbonfire

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
im sorry about your loss and about the procedure your having next week. that is very hard im sure.. dont see yourself as a failure, like you said you give your animals a shot at life when most people wouldnt. you obviously love them all very much and dedicate alot of time and energy into thier well being, and that is a wonderful thing. i think its great what you do :hugs just keep your head up! think of this as maybe your purpose in life, to care for all of these animals who NEED someone like you. there is always losses when it comes to the farm life, i myself struggle with this too and feel alone when i lose an animal. just remember we have all been there and unfortunetly we will all be there again at some point, just the way of life on a farm.

Kellykidz

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
So Sorry for your loss. Glad Lolo is doing so well.

We started out the year with 2 cattle. Our Lowline Angus and her son. My son didn't listen to me and left the halter on the calf and he strangled himself one night. I had a broken hearted boy and we lost a calf that was a few months away from being butchered. We started with 7 sheep and lost 2 to coyotes, and 1 to ?. We sure are learning a lot, I wouldn't mind lessons that do not include fatalities.

Thanks to my 11 year old for checking my spelling. :lol:

chickenzoo

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I tried giving Lolo another bottle, he drank a few sips but went right back to Sephira and tried to nurse. I am hoping if he wasn't getting enough he'd be happier about the bottle.... She has spat at him twice since I put him on her and once in awhile blocks him with her leg...not kick, ....but for the most part let's him nurse with out incident. Hopefully she's just getting situated with him. She tolerates him mostly and let's him lay with her and doesn't act mean to him or anything.... Fingers crossed.