Hey, Grandpa, what's for supper ?

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Tonight we will eat Chinese food. It's a family tradition started 50 + years ago when the Chinese restaurant was the only place open on Christmas eve.

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Tonight we had sirloin steak, baked potato and sweet and sour red cabbage that I froze.

Tomorrow son and his family are coming here. I will feed them kielbasa and sauerkraut and pierogis for lunch. For supper we will have baked ham, scalloped potatoes and green beans. Princess is making French toast Thursday morning, and then we send them home.

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Ok, not original, but tonight we have corned beef, cabbage, and red skinned potatos. Gotta start tbe New Year off right!

One of my favorite meals. I add carrots to the mix.

It is a truly miserable day here so I am cooking comfort food. Chicken paprikas to be served with dumplings and creamed spinach.

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
:drool (except for the creamed spinach :sick )

You have to try my creamed spinach. Years ago I told my oldest grand son that I would give him $5 if he ate some. He tried, gagged, almost barfed but wouldn't quit until I told him, "Stop, here's $ 10 to not eat it." :lol: He still remembers, and occasionally will say, "Pa, remember when you FORCED me to -------". :gig

Last night I grilled a steak, fried some grated potato cakes, and baked a spaghetti squash. Put brown sugar and butter on the squash - it was good.