Hey, Grandpa, what's for supper ?

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Tonight I will grill a steak to be served with mac and cheese and green beans. Perhaps biscuits.

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tom Kha, with still deciding what kind of fish... I have salmon, halibut, and rockfish!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
can you tell it was a red wattle hog? Taste different from other breeds you have tried?
They were very lean. They certainly did not taste like store bought pork. I would raise them again. Basically we buy what "deal" I find. The Red Wattles were 4 months old at $50 each. So we bought them. Our most recent was 2 large hogs over a year old, $75 for BOTH! We kept them 36 days, fed whole corn soured in goat's milk whey, and took them to slaughter. Best pork we've (sorta) raised yet!

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tom kha from the other night.
WIN_20171215_22_33_07_Pro.jpg

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Went to the freezer to check my options. Frozen 'mystery meal', crab cakes, or chuck roast ? Gave the Princess the possibilities. She of course wanted to know what the 'mystery meal' was - chicken paprikas, I think. That is choice # 1 and is presently defrosting. If it is what I think it is, I will make dumplings to go with it and serve with left over sweet corn. Crab cakes, grated potato cakes, and sweet corn is choice # 2.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
my baby sister used to cook with expired canned food... they take the labels off before they get chunked...

she said it was always entertaining... you open a few cans (and only after they are open do you know what they are)... and then decide how in the world they will go together for a meal.

Latest posts