Hi!

Calendula

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome from Michigan!

I love your mix of chickens.:) My Easter Eggers laid better than anyone else for quite a few years.

And $500-700 for a Nigerian Dwarf...:th I wish I could sell my kids for that much.;)

JoyfulGoats

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome from Michigan!

I love your mix of chickens.:) My Easter Eggers laid better than anyone else for quite a few years.

And $500-700 for a Nigerian Dwarf...:th I wish I could sell my kids for that much.;)

You should move to Ontario then ;). One breeder said she sells them "$700 and up" for doelings, and she sells a lot. Even bucks go for $350-500 :ep. I am hoping to be able to get a whether (of any breed) later on. At least from the breeder I am planning to buy from, I can get doelings from different bloodlines, so that I can use the same buck for both.

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH @JoyfulGoats
Am I seeing you are from Ontario?
I am from Indiana and right now only have Meat rabbits. Later, I hope to get a small farm and a couple feeder calves and chickens.
You sound like you have the enthusiasm and dreams/goals to fit right in on this site.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You should move to Ontario then ;). One breeder said she sells them "$700 and up" for doelings, and she sells a lot. Even bucks go for $350-500 :ep. I am hoping to be able to get a whether (of any breed) later on. At least from the breeder I am planning to buy from, I can get doelings from different bloodlines, so that I can use the same buck for both.
Perhaps you can import a couple of @Calendula's :D

Calendula

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I like that idea. Especially since the people who have called have been shocked to find out that my goats are one HUNDRED dollars. :lol:

JoyfulGoats

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi again!

I thought I would post an update since it’s been a while. We’ve now moved into our new house and added lots of animals. We have a lot more quails, new chickens (unfortunately we couldn’t keep the ones we used to have), and we now have 5 registered Nigerian Dwarf goats, and will be expanding next year. I’ve also been working on our farm website and social media pages, in preparation for eventually selling future baby goats. We are very busy!

www.joyfulmeadow.com
www.instagram.com/joyful.meadow
www.facebook.com