1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Using Goats to get rid of Mugwort - Discussion Threads
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Hive inspection and box reversal

Discussion in 'Habitat - The Beehive' started by Happy Chooks, Feb 26, 2015.

1. May 18, 2018
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Golden Herd Member

Score for sure Chooks! Nice haul! That hive is busting at the seams! Hope you don't lose the swarm.

2. May 20, 2018
    Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Loving the herd life

So far, they are staying put. I added the super on top, so maybe that is keeping them there. Only time will tell. The blackberries have just started to bloom, and catalpa's are in full bloom. There is still yellow clover in bloom too, but it's towards the end.

Latestarter likes this.
  3. May 23, 2018
    Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Loving the herd life

Checked on the hives again today. I probably won't have much chance to check on the hives for the next couple of weeks, so I wanted to stay ahead of them.

Hive #1 was doing well with lots of brood, and many more blackberry blossoms have opened, so I added the super.

Hive #2 so far is staying where they are. Super is already on them.

Hive #3 doesn't have a queen after all, it's gone laying worker. I'm going to just let them die out, unless I get a swarm, then I'll shake them out and put the swarm in that hive.

Baited NUC is out, and so far, nothing.