Horn pulled loose

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I bet she isn't wanting anyone to have anything to do with her head right now. Once you are able to put hands on I do think it would be prudent to have a Vet check her out to see your best options. Is she current with her annual CDT shot? If not you may want to consider a tetanus shot.

Please keep us posted on her progress.
x2

We have had the meat goats loosen their horns, never enough to make it crooked but enough to partially separate the horn & bleed. I don't usually do anything other then make sure they are UTD on shots.

It sounds like your girl is worse then ours. I would try and pack it full of triple antibiotic ointment when you get your hand on her.

Pam roberts

Just born
Reaction score
She's just a baby ... About 3 months old ... No shots yet so I guess we need to get that done. She's better though. Doesn't hurt her to touch her horn but it is still crooked. Thanks everybody for the advice and support!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sounds like letting nature take it's course worked out just fine. :D So her horn symmetry has a little "character" now. :lol: Would you share some pics when you can? Might help others out some day. I'd still suggest the CD&T shot if it hasn't been given yet.