How do, from MO

Nommie Bringeruvda Noms

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've got a flock of chickens, due to start laying, a few days ago - but, so far, nada. No worries, though. The next critters coming are a mini herd (ok, a family of 3) of Nigora goats. We have a young buck, his mate, and their doeling. They'll be joining us, in early November. I'm getting everything ready for them, now. This purchase was something we were planning for spring, so we aren't ready - yet.

Nommie Bringeruvda Noms

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Welcome from another Texan! Do you plan on using fiber from your Nigora's?
Most likely, I'll keep & use some, and sell the rest

What breed(s) of chickens do you have?
I have 10 Buff Orpingtons, that I've raised, from day-old chicks. They're pets, as much as livestock, though. One (we call her Sweetpea) is a total attention hound, and has stood between my husband and his car, not allowing him past, until she got her 'lubbinz', and who occasionally jumps up into my arms - whether I'm ready, or not - demanding my focus! They lived in our livingroom, for their first 3months, while I turned the coop into the fortress I felt they needed, against the coyotes, bobcats, dogs, foxes, owls, 'coons, 'possums, hawks.... Because we live in the woods!

Nommie Bringeruvda Noms

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hello and welcome!
Thank you!

Welcome from Florida :frow...lots of us get our critters first and then figure out housing , lol....guess it's just the way we roll :)

Yup - as a teenager, on our family farm, in MI, I remember late one winter, my brother raising a piglet runt, in his bedroom! We weren't set up for pigs yet, and Arnold the Disco Pig was way to tiny to survive. My brother rescued him from a farmer who didn't have the time for a runt, & was going to put him down. My whole family has always been soft - hearted suckers for the underdog, it seems, lol.