How do you get a 2,000 lb bull in a trailer?

siroiszoo

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
Hope you horses were watching this show and understood that THEY needed to load well, OR ELSE!
LOL!!! :lol:

My horses are trained from babies to load & unload. I just have to throw the lead over the back and point inside the trailer and on they go. No fuss, no muss.

After this experience, I'm sure that if I ever owned cattle I'd do the same with them - hahaha ;)

LlanoLonghorn

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
What a wonderful post, I laughed until my side hurt. Very well written and since I just went thou a similar experience I can relate. I had two 800 lb steers to load without a chute. It took me a few hours but mission accomplished. Thanks again for sharing your Bull Story. :thumbsup

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I can't imagine having to deal with a bull as unruly as the one in the original post! Yikes.

Our Highland "kids" are such suckers for a little bit of grain in a bucket. We sold our long yearling bull to another breeder who doesn't intend to show or lead him (although this was a show-trained, ribbon-winning youngster), who is so thrilled that he got T-Bone to load with a little bit of grain. I laughed...there's no way we could avoid getting any of our Highlands to load with grain present! I can actually rattle any bucket, with or without something in it, and I get their rapt attention.