Hurricane Harvey

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My SIL in Conroe (high and safe) just called to let us know that my sister and her husband had to be rescued from their second story last night by their son and friends in a boat. They and their pets are at their son's home now, exhausted and asleep. Their home and business is under water. Their son and friends got all their equipment and vehicles out yesterday.

Y'all pray for Texas.

Bay, so glad to hear your sister and her husband are safe, how awful to have both home and business flooded. At least they were able to save some stuff.
My heart goes out to those folk I see plodding thru waist deep water, not knowing where they may find shelter. The rescue operation down there looks amazing tho and the civilian response with their own boats is just amazing.
You Texans are tuff, if anyone can survive this it is Texas. Just wished I lived closer so I could help in some way.
Praying for Texas.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Good to hear you're still OK FEM and Kate. Still many days of flooding to come though. Hope GB is ok and hasn't had to depend on his stilts. Since the storm moved back out to sea, it appears the bands have moved north and east of him so maybe that will provide some break. Though he did say his biggest contributor now wasn't rain, but the river. Bay, how many times has your sis been flooded out now? Is she STILL going to stay there after this? I think you've said in the past that you've been trying to get them to move for years... I'm surprised she can still get insurance after multiple claims... Glad to hear her and her hubs were rescued... and by family no less. Good to hear they got the vehicles and some other stuff out before this happened as well. At least they saved something.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I guess this will tell the story here this morning...we left in the little boat I pulled up by the back porch.
back porch/front porch views
DSC00024.JPG

DSC00022.JPG

I will lose some livestock in this, and perhaps even my house but with waist and chest deep water most places there is nothing more I can do.

Ferguson K

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry greybeard.

We just helped locate the owner of some drowning cattle. By the time the owner was located the mama cows had led the calves that could walk to higher ground.

He said he doesn't know what they've lost yet but for sure one cow and her calf.