Hurricane Irma

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I almost feel guilty now
A couple of days ago I was seriously worried about the track and a possible bad situation and if
It keeps like its going we may not have any effect not even 2" of rain

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Harvey dumped 20" of rain on parts of TN north of Nashville but they are predicting 2" of rain out of Irma for us. The one thing that is sure about a hurricane though is that the track is not predictable.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I almost feel guilty now
A couple of days ago I was seriously worried about the track and a possible bad situation and if
It keeps like its going we may not have any effect not even 2" of rain
x2
We will probably get more rain than you will but it looks like NC will be spared.

Hoping all the folks in FL get through this with minimal damage/loss.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Was watching my local weather guru and the storm is currently tracking a little further south than thought
If it passes more over Cuba's land mass it could possibly be a little weaker when it hits south FL

Let's hope so

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
In hurricanes, it's always said you can date houses and businesses by which are left standing when the storm passes..it is most often the older homes that survive.
Structural engineers say the older homes were built to have more 'give' to them without major failure.
(Beachfront homes maybe being the exception, as the new codes require them to be higher and with bigger diameter legs under them)

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
I heard schools in Georgia have already cancelled school Monday because of Irma

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I'd heard that from a friend who moved there recently because of her dad being in the military. She did say it will be a tropical storm by the time it reaches them.