I met Amysflock at the Puyallup fair

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
so did landing upside down with all 4 feet in the air break her from kicking.

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hey, Amy, awesome pics! You obviously had a much better view than I did, LOL.

(Geez, Amysflock, nice hair.) :)

We had a fantastic time as well, so overwhelmed to see so many animals in one place and hear all the judging info and having no idea how to see a lot of what the judge was talking about (when we could hear him over the dang bagpiper, sheesh), but LOVED meeting other breeders in our association. The highlight for us was getting to attend our first association meeting after the show...very unexpected and cool! Tge other cool thing was meeting the breeder of CH Tabor Thunder, the bull our two girls are bred to.

Amy, I didn't realize one of your cows' offspring was being shown. Tara, belonging to Bonnie, right?

I have a few photos on my blog, too, although not nearly as great as Amy's: http://amysflock.blogspot.com

I think I might like to show as well, although have a LOT of work to do before I ever get to that point. I always thought our heifer would be the one to show, but she's such a nightmare to halter that I just don't know...at least our cow is such a food hog...she'll do anything we want if there's food involved!

allenacres

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Lets see, the owner of the CH cattle is....trying to think of her name....Robin (Ok I cheated I had to go look it up)

Yes Tara belongs to Bonnie. I think her first two calves are due in April.

Maybe by the time we get a truck and trailer, you will also be ready to show and we can be newbys together! :D:p;)

I gotta go check out your blog.

amysflock

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi, Amy!

Yes, Robin is behind CH...Paul and I met her after the meeting on the 19th, and will send her photos of our calves once we have them. These will be calves #2 and #3 out of CH Tabor Thunder.

Tyler sent me photos of #1, a bull calf born in July out of Rustler's Rosa, who shares the same sire as our Bridgit. Sounds like he was average size at birth (80 lb range), but is already catching up weight-wise with their calf born in the spring! Yippee!

Thanks again for letting us visit...we're STILL talking about it! :)