If at first....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you! That’s what I’m looking for, because my poor husband is sooo sick of listening to farm stuff!!
My husband indulges my brand of crazy. He married a hurricane LOL LOL. I love this forum and the great people in it. Where else can you talk farm stuff and people actually "get" what you are talking about and offer advice and help? NOWHERE!!

Sheepshape

Herd Master
Reaction score
But overall, I found too many people who were condescending and haught
Xerocles....couldn't agree more. But why???Now, keeping animals, and I'm using this in the sense of 'members of the animal kingdom'...so includes birds involves getting 'down and dirty', shovelling some sh.....waste, maybe being used as battering ram, inspecting and photographing rear ends, having hands in the most unmentionable of places, whilst shelling out your last penny/dime on keeping them alive. So 'animal carers' ought to be down-to-earth folk.Seems that a few highly vocal folk on BYC reserve their Better Nature for their high bred birds. Now this is a great shame, as BYC also has hundreds if not thousands of knowledgeable, helpful, friendly folk.
Throughout history the best teachers have been those who can and will readily impart their valuable knowledge to those who are wanting to learn, not castigating them for their lack of that knowledge in the first place! Telling folk that their much-loved critter is a hopeless mutt isn't usually helpful. We knew that anyway, but he's cute, he's loved, he's OURS and we're looking to do our best for him.
So....no fear of having too many males, keeping an animal until it's a financial liability, giving something 'a second chance' etc. Nor to admit to it!