I'm woolin' it!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yup, sales stalled out.

Might compost the raw ones left.
Sorry to hear that!
I didn't know fiber composted. I have what we cut off the boys last year and the year before, haven't sheared them this year.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sold Marley, Seb, Surry, Shelly, Sugar & Ewenique fleeces the other day! To a person who, it sounded like, will make dryer balls out of it.

Just have Marshmallow, Krillin & Piccolo fleeces left to sell.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is a lot of dryer balls! I know they make them out of alpaca fiber. I didn't know they used wool.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is a lot of dryer balls! I know they make them out of alpaca fiber. I didn't know they used wool.

They're kinda pricey. 3 for $20-30 wool, $25-40 for alpaca.

Southdown doesn't wet felt very well, so I'm not sure how well it'll go for her...

About 2oz goes into each ball. So she'll get about 80 balls(removed some for loss by vm & lanolinremoval). $520 if 3 are sold for $20.

Hmm, wonder if I should try and make some with the 2 fleeces I have already washed that I'm trying to sell & a couple others I have in storage from previous years...

But I dry w/o sheets, balls or anything. No need. I don't get it. Lol Same with fabric softener in the wash, also not needed. :idunno

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Must be you have naturally good water and non static clothing. If you've got a place to sell dryer balls, go for it. Cut out the middle woman and make more money. Of course there is work involved, perhaps with everything else you've got going on you don't have time to spend on yet another project.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Then what ARE they for? Guess I made a bad ASSUMPTION.