In Memory of Addy

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is awful to lose them... :hugsThey cannot be replaced, each one is unique. Someday, maybe we can look back and remember them without it bringing pain of their loss, but for now, it hurts... Its ok to cry if you can... :hugs

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My heart breaks for you. I am so sorry, she was beautiful and I know you loved her. We do the best we can with what we have and sometimes it just isn't enough. You are a very brave young lady to have gone through this with no one there to help you. You sucked it up and did the best you could. Big hugs, I am so sorry.

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
My heart breaks for you. I am so sorry, she was beautiful and I know you loved her. We do the best we can with what we have and sometimes it just isn't enough. You are a very brave young lady to have gone through this with no one there to help you. You sucked it up and did the best you could. Big hugs, I am so sorry.

I can't say it better than this....:hugs

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Im sorry you lost her. :(When I saw the picture of her laying on your lap it was a flashback to our first ewe. We didn't know she was pregnant and when her lamb did arrive she needed help. We got the lamb out but she couldn't get up. We brough her to the vet who started her on an Iv. She stayed at the vets for a few days before we were forced to put her down. She was a vegetable couldn't move and barely any eye motion.

I know you did the best you did for your girl, and I know how hard it hurts but when all is said and done it is how we learn. Don't blame yourself it happEns even to the most experienced producers. :hugs

samssimonsays

Milo & Me Hoppy Tail Acres
Reaction score
somewhere in the Northern region of Minnesota
Why did both does birth prematurely? Milk had not even begun to form in their udders. Is something wrong with my herd?
I am going to be very blunt, Before breeding again or bringing in anything new I think you should find a reliable vet and establish a relationship with them and your herd. Find out if there is something wrong with them to have caused this. Make sure everyone is up to date on vaccines and dewormed according to fecal counts not just to deworm them but to make sure you know what to deworm them for. Focus on finding out what is wrong and move on from there. There are many knowledgeable people here willing to help guild you on what to get, what needs to be done regularly and so on.

I am truly sorry she did not make it.

Lanthanum

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I plan on getting them all into the vet very soon. When I buried Addy just now, I saw she had something sticking out of her area. It was like a bubble, but it wasn't the afterbirth. She still hadn't passed that from what I saw. I didn't mess with it because even though she was dead I couldn't bear to hurt her, even if she couldn't feel it. It looked like an amniotic sack, but there was no baby inside. If I pushed on her belly even a little, it came out more, but it wouldn't go back in. Would this have any explanation to her death?