In the real world news today Thurs, November 29 2018

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
What a Thrill!!....those girls, parents, and adults that were there, will always remember and talk about that.....I had a team one year that had some girls that had never played competitive ball and I was working with them to better the high school program....well, we hadn't won a game all year and scoring runs was difficult....we played a team that hadn't won anything either and we were comparable as far as "talent" was concerned....it was the last inning and we were in the field....the tieing run was at 3rd and the winning run was at 1st.....we had 2 outs and I called timeout....I told the pithcher to hit the mitt....the batter wasn't going to swing....but get that ball to the catcher.....the catcher couldn't throw the ball to 2nd on a Good day....;)....but she could sling it to the 1st basegirl, so I told the catcher to throw it straight to her and told the girl at 1st to throw it right back to the catcher....told her to expect contact and block the line.....they pulled it all off and the catcher tagged the girl out at homeplate and we won.....that was a really great feeling....and I think on it from time to time and wonder whatever happened to all the girls that have played for me thru the years....:)

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You know, people who wanted to spy on you used to be kind enough to do so clandestinely. Now they are so brazen that they have no need to hide it. I think it's repulsive. You have Edward Snowden who released how the gov was spring on us and it created shockwaves.... For a couple months... Then it became old news. "Yeah, I know the gov uses my personal data but that's ok. It's not like I do anything wrong" that's missing the entire point. This news article is the same thing just in different trappings.

How free are people who are constantly watched?

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
You know, people who wanted to spy on you used to be kind enough to do so clandestinely. Now they are so brazen that they have no need to hide it. I think it's repulsive. You have Edward Snowden who released how the gov was spring on us and it created shockwaves.... For a couple months... Then it became old news. "Yeah, I know the gov uses my personal data but that's ok. It's not like I do anything wrong" that's missing the entire point. This news article is the same thing just in different trappings.

How free are people who are constantly watched?
but but but, 'we're just tying to make your online experience more tailored to your interests and we can't do it without snooping into what you say, do and watch"...
(of course, the fact it often helps to make someone's purses and wallets fatter is simply incidental and yes, always remember.."if you're doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about")

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
They think it is the cattle guy's fault simply because he owns them? :th
Depends...they better hope it isn't a free range county or non-herd district.
(In Mt. herd districts,the fencing laws are a little different, but not much.

At one time, 23 Western states had open range “fence out” laws, but as time passed and more and more of the open prairie was transformed into farms and private residences, most of the West adapted its laws to require livestock producers to “fence in” — keep their cows, horses, sheep and pigs at home on a “closed range.”

Today only Montana, Wyoming and Colorado maintain the open range system, where if your cow crawls under the fence and ruins the neighbor’s corn — or gets onto the highway and causes an accident — in most cases the livestock owner doesn’t have any legal liability.

https://azdailysun.com/cow-shooting...cle_448bf076-fea5-55c8-baec-5f60c2537c1c.html

On a different discussion board (automobile related) a few years ago, one of the members stated he found his newly built "alternative/self sufficient/survivalist/hobby 'farmer/newage lifestyle" homestead with cows all over it..in Arizona. Was told by the local rancher he would have to put up fences around the homestead and the new age homeowner was in disbelief.
I told him, "Welcome to the real world..you chose to move to and live in a free range state..You may as well learn how to build fence and lots of it. you can fight it but you're going to lose".

Last edited:

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
On a personal newsy type note.
chemo1.jpg

Rode with my sister to take our oldest sister to her first (of most likely..many) chemo infusions yesterday.
On the drip, 4hrs once per week for undetermined length of time going forward. She's a trooper, strong and ready for anything.