Infusion of other breeds into the Angus breed and Curly Calf

kfacres

Reaction score
WildRoseBeef said:
That is just messed up lol...the DNA thing I mean...

Certainly learned alot from this discussion...thanks for all that. :) I'll remember to bug you again if I have any questions regarding this sort of thing.
I have basically spent my life traveling the country looking at livestock and engaging in conversation through being on a judging team the entire time. I like to absorb all info I can, as I believe you have to know where we came from-- to know where we are headed. I'm young enough that the major crossbreeding that happened in the 80s- was before my time, and so I must resort to my elder friends of which I trust and value an opinion of- to steer me in the right way.

I try to remane very informed about sheep and cattle- of both types-- as much as I can. I like to be diverse, and I prefer to be knowledgeable on pedigrees and history in nearly every psecies I deal with.

Our place is like a zoo, lots of little projects going on... some big, some small...

if I had to pinpoint it, i'd say the 80s and very early 90s was head honcho crossing it up time...

kfacres

Reaction score
I forgot to mention- what happend to all the herds out there with a nurse cow-- most commonly a Jersey... That cow got bred to the herd bull-- and quite a few of those herds kept the daughers-- as physically they were not different.