It's lonely here in the doghouse!

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
Hey, it didn't sound like you were doing anything wrong. I wouldn't take it personally, it sounds like redirected aggression. Who wouldn't be a bit tipsy after chasing cows across town? I've done it, and it always make you want to yell at someone.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What are you still doing online? Take her out for pete's sake!

Tell her even I'm talking to DH after the fisaco with his buddies bull/steer!

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
I think it was the request for supper that did it. Forget taking her out, try making her some good food. And don't tell me you can't cook. No man as old as you hasn't learned how to fix SOMETHING!
Then follow with a foot rub.Could be those thistles are still hurting!

{and why do I get the feeling that he's putting us on? jhm is generally a pretty sensitive fellow.}

jhm47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Not putting you on. Made her some chili. She threw it up. NOT kidding at all about this. I think there's something else wrong. Flu maybe??? Could the onset of the flu have caused her to be unusually sensitive? She is definitely NOT like this usually. Also, it was 90 degrees when she was chasing the cows, and there was a weather front coming in. It actually dropped 35-40 degrees in less than an hour. Maybe that has something to do with this. Sleeting and raining out now.

Another bad thing is that we are both on call for our local ambulance tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night. Hope it's a quiet night at least. Thankfully, we run two EMT's and a driver, so if we get a bad one, we'll have a driver who can help. Our drivers are excellent.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Imissmygirls said:
I think it was the request for supper that did it. Forget taking her out, try making her some good food. And don't tell me you can't cook. No man as old as you hasn't learned how to fix SOMETHING!
Then follow with a foot rub.Could be those thistles are still hurting!

{and why do I get the feeling that he's putting us on? jhm is generally a pretty sensitive fellow.}
HA! I have a neighbor who until his wife ended up bedridden could only boil water, fix toast (in a toaster), and fix a pizza. I would get calls wanting to know when pre-cooked brats were done. Or how to tell if soup was warmed through.... I'm not kidding.

GrassFarmerGalloway

Melts for all babies
Reaction score
jhm47 said:
Not putting you on. Made her some chili. She threw it up. NOT kidding at all about this. I think there's something else wrong. Flu maybe??? Could the onset of the flu have caused her to be unusually sensitive? She is definitely NOT like this usually. Also, it was 90 degrees when she was chasing the cows, and there was a weather front coming in. It actually dropped 35-40 degrees in less than an hour. Maybe that has something to do with this. Sleeting and raining out now.

Another bad thing is that we are both on call for our local ambulance tonight, tomorrow and tomorrow night. Hope it's a quiet night at least. Thankfully, we run two EMT's and a driver, so if we get a bad one, we'll have a driver who can help. Our drivers are excellent.
Yikes. I hope she feels better!

At least that's an explanation.

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
hey now some guys really cant cook.i know my dad couldnt cook.all he could fix is scrambled eggs.an i know i cant cook.

Farmer Kitty

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
hey now some guys really cant cook.i know my dad couldnt cook.all he could fix is scrambled eggs.an i know i cant cook.
But you could learn. Just like my neighbor. His wife passed away a few years ago and by the time she did he could cook without the questions. When she was there she gave him directions from the hospital bed she was in. When she was in the hospital on one of her many stays, my SIL (which is his DIL) and I got phone calls.

Imissmygirls

Lonley for cows
Reaction score
That's it... she is ill. I don't even want to be around myself when I am feeling ill, let alone have anyone be near or ask me anything! Just give me a hole to crawl into until I am well again.

My father's tried and true meal for cooking: peanut butter on graham crackers with chocolate milk. talk about comfort food! I love it! Cooking doesn't mean using the stove. IMHO, any food a woman doesn't have to cook is a good food! This also includes cookies and ice cream, banana splits, and canned soup.

I am indeed fortunate that my other half is a wonderful cook and doesn't think twice about doing it. Plus he isn't fussy about what he eats and neither am I. <G> took me 45 years to find a good man and I plan on keeping him just the way he is!

MReit

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
oh mymymy...just go drink a beer JHM. Really, it will make you feel better and have one for me too! I'd say the woman is over-reacting and really being sick isn't an excuse to be so rotten to you. If you own cows then you must be always ready to chase cows and not get mad cause then it makes everything worse. Sides, bitch'n never got the cows in any quicker! It's comments like these that can get me in trouble..lol