J and M Sheep Lambing Thread, THE STORM HAS BEGUN

EllieMay

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It was difficult holding the cute little wriggle monster.

lambs109.jpg

lambs117.jpg

It was fine once it got back with momma.

lambs119.jpg

lambs123.jpg

And off they went . . .

lambs125.jpg

. . . into the sunset.

lambs127.jpg

Shelly May

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for posting those pictures you took of that one, and she is a girl, she is charcoal colored, and momma was real mad at us for taking her and tagging/weighing her. good momma, only one of this charcoal color so far......But we didn't have any sun out, just an exspression thingy. Sure could of used some.....

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
:lol:

No! I can't have sheep lol Though that ones looks close. I need to see it's tail to be sure. ha Has to be a longer tail

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haven't really been able to post... but have been following!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love all the colors! :weee How big are your sheep? They look gigantic!

Oh..need to send you an e-mail... which one? pm me with the one you want me to use..it won't be til tonight.

Shelly May

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have missed you Southern, but your health is more important than posting, ;) and you were busy with your web site, average Katahdin ewe is 150-180 lbs, we have a few smaller, and a few Larger.... Some of the big ones you are looking at in photo's are still very much Pregant, Most will be carrying twins, only had 25 last year that were ewe lambs that didn't get pregant, so those 25 only expecting singles out of them, balance twins or better. Most important thing is I am trying to show everyone is that Katahdins are great at field lambing and don't need all the barn space that people are afraid that they need to spend money on and have, They don't......I now only have 5 bottle babies alive, the little white one in cage passed, but of these I am sure that 3 of them would have been fine if I hadn't let the mother instinct in me grab them up and take them home :idunno, I am such a worry wart and really don't have to be, the Katahdins are great mom's and they make are life easier with the full time jobs.

I will PM you with the e-mail address to use ;)

PS take your time recovering/don't clean everything :lol:

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Loved the photos!!!! That red ewe with the charcoal cutie lamb looks much like my ewe Jess...except yours has shed off better than Jess has. Just in the past week I've noticed Jess shedding off much better and I told her today that she may want to wait on anymore shedding as it's going to be cccccccccooooolllllldddd this weekend.

Would be nice if your girls gave you at least one night off from lambing!

goodolboy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Yea Bon, I don't think that'll happen. :lol: Wishful thinkin' though. Updated lamb count.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow!!!!! So many lambs...if we had more land and if we were younger, I would be so tempted to increase our little herd big time...lots of work...lots of lambing...but...loads and loads of utter cuteness!!! They are beautiful :love