Jennifer Hinkle - Here's my journal about my sheep and rabbits.

Jennifer Hinkle

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sometimes the best dogs are the ones that just show up.
Yes I agree. He has a few issues that we have to deal with, but hopefully we can figure it out. I think we made a mistake when we first got him though. We got on to our other dog Daisey when she wouldn't share the food bucket she uses, now he (Duke) guards the bucket and won't let Daisey eat. We have to put him outside so she can eat, and most times she won't eat much.
Im kinda at a loss now on how to fix this problem. I guess I should have just let them figure it out on their own from the beginning.

Jennifer Hinkle

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
My female dog Daisey will be a year old next month, she had her puppy heat a while back before we got Duke. She may have gotten bred by a neighbors dog. We tried to keep her put up but like most dogs she likes to go down to our creek to swim. The issue I am having is she now has what looks like swelling behind her tits and her tits are more visable, does this mean that she is pregnant? She is not showing yet, as far as what I would consider showing. I read somewhere that dogs can have false pregnancies. Was just wondering if anyone could help me or had any ideas. Could this also be why she is not eating well?

Jennifer Hinkle

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, I'm sorry that it has been so long again since I have last posted anything. Life has its way of changing things and keeping us busy. We have cut down our sheep numbers and are looking into buying a few (3-4) starter bottle calves. I was raised on a dairy farm and miss them. Dairy is shut down now, and it seems that farming is slowly dying. I promised my children that they would know what its like to have calves. We are still keeping 3 sheep. (2 ewes & 1 ram). For those of you that remember me talking about Lone Survivor, well she died. This year has not been a very good year for us on our small farm. Hopefully things will turn around.

SA Farm

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about Lone Survivor. Hope your new adventure with calves works out for you :)