Jumping the Moon Dairy - the next chapter

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Why is it that really nice, hard working, good hearted folks like you seem to get dumped on? I know it was nature and thus not an intentional thing, but that still does not solve the problem. I remembered reading your journal sometime last year and by the time I finished reading I was convinced that you were Wonder Woman in the flesh! You just seemed to keep going despite just how much work there was to do. Finally, when you thought that you could slow down and maintain what you have, this happens! Life is just not fair sometimes. :he I wish there were some way I could help. All I can say is that I hope you find the strength to start over, or perhaps have a good idea of a new direction you want to go in. All of us here on BYH care about you. :hugs

Senile Texas Aggie

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I appreciate all the well wishes and I know that all of you would help if you lived closer. I think that we are going to rebuild...the phoenix will rise. We will be pricing out the pieces we need to replace tomorrow and comparing it to the cost of building a different type of structure.

I was going to spend my summer building a bigger processing trailer and now I am not sure that that will happen. We will see. Praying that the insurance will cover at least part of this.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just checked my policy and it will cover snow damage...I bought the broad coverage, thank God. It looks like it is actually replacement value as well. My brain always goes into over drive with things like this. Meaning...if they pay me for installation and we do it ourselves can I use the money for something else? There is never a lack of projects, but always a lack of funds. I think I have homeowner insurance claims twice in my life and both times they paid us for the labor but we supplied it. Hopefully that will the case this time too.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just checked my policy and it will cover snow damage...I bought the broad coverage, thank God. It looks like it is actually replacement value as well.
:yesss: :weee

I THINK! the company will decide what the replacement cost is and just cut a check so IF you have the time and energy you could do part of all of it yourself. If not, it gets rebuilt anyway.