Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
And the fitting popped off again this morning. After hubby had gone to work and run a load of his laundry. Before I had watered my garden and animals, or got ready for work. Grr.

I turned the water off at the source, dug out the trench so it could drain more, and then tried to reglue it. The part that popped out was the reducer taking it from 1 1/2" pipe to the 1" pipe. I glued it then wrapped a ratchet strap around it. I turned the source back on and the strap held and I couldn't see any leaks, so I watered all the things and got ready for work. Then I turned off the water at the source again and released the pressure from the system before I left. Dunno what hubby can do to fix it or if it's fixed now.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, we turned the oops into "it was totally on purpose".
Kind of like a cat that falls off something then sits up and grooms itself "I MEANT to do that"
Sorry for the pipe troubles. I'm not real keen on PVC pressure water pipe. Fine for drains.

I insisted on cut off valves on every one. Guy was irritated and tried to tell me I didn’t need them, but I stood my ground.
One of you is WAY smarter than the other. And the smarter one is the one that has to deal with any problems that may arise. Or may need to replace a downstream fixture. Lots easier when you don't have to shut off all the water.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are going to melt this week. o_O:th
Screenshot_20210614-094504.png

GardnerHomestead

Loving the herd life
Reaction score

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those are some high temperatures! It’s so hard on the animals. It may be a stupid question, but do y’all have air conditioning? I know some places don’t and when temperatures spike, it is awful. Here if you DONT have air conditioning, it’s because it just broke and the repair man is on the way.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those are some high temperatures! It’s so hard on the animals. It may be a stupid question, but do y’all have air conditioning? I know some places don’t and when temperatures spike, it is awful. Here if you DONT have air conditioning, it’s because it just broke and the repair man is on the way.
We had it at the old house, and had it in the shipping container we were living in, but this house has a swamp cooler. We ordered a mini split ac heat pump and it's supposed to arrive this week. I hope it does and hubby can install it quickly.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not looking forward to this. That 106 is so hard on the animals :hitour meat chickens always look miserable .When we had bunnies i worried about them so much even with frozen water bottles.
Yeah, I have fans on them now, and one set of frozen water bottles but I need to get a second set so they have a full day to freeze in between use. Otherwise they barely last a few hours. I might try to figure out how to get a mister going to help cool them as well

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was even on the local news here that Ca. was going to have record hot temps this week.... I feel for you... We are going to actually be a little cooler than we have been since the front moved out and has a little cooler and drier air behind it. I'm glad.... we need a week of dry... DS cut hay today and will cut more tomorrow so we can get it made before the next possible weather comes in for Father's day weekend...

GardnerHomestead

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We had it at the old house, and had it in the shipping container we were living in, but this house has a swamp cooler. We ordered a mini split ac heat pump and it's supposed to arrive this week. I hope it does and hubby can install it quickly.
we have a swamp cooler as well. Have never had a real cooler so we dont know what we are missing lol. I imagine going from AC to a swamp cooler would be hard. :th