Larsen Poultry Ranch - homesteading journey

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
We've got the swamp cooler going, and the house seems ok to me. I don't think we can have the swamp cooler and an ac going at the same time.

I'm more worried about the rabbits and the dogs. Rabbits got ice water bottles today and I found enough bottles so now there's a second set chilling for tomorrow. Hopefully they actually freeze solid. Dunno what we can do for the dogs, might need to buy another fan so they can have a breeze like the rabbits. Plus give them more shade.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do the dogs have a wading pool to wet down in? One of those hard plastic waging pools can help them cool off.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, and my fix to the PVC appears to be holding. Hasn't popped off yet and we left the water main on while we were at work yesterday and today. At least that is working now. Fridge is having issues, too hot outside, no mini split because Home Depot screwed up, need new roof, saw is broken so the flooring is halted, and I still don't have my garden in.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you don't have misters, put an old fashioned sprinkler on the top of the rabbit house. Or get one of those sprinklers on a stand (they look like a twisted up piece of pipe and often come in bright colors) and put it in front of the fan so the fan blows air through the water. It really helps. Also fans blowing over big blocks of ice can help.

This is very unusual weather for June. Usually very cool and gloomy this month here in California. Big heat doesn't usually come in arrive until July.