LGD puppy developed bowing of legs

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, our girls are very smart and very stubborn. Such a challenge! So rewarding when the light goes on and they get it. Pinkie has learned to throw a screaming fit and she wins. You are just going to have to out last her.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, our girls are very smart and very stubborn. Such a challenge! So rewarding when the light goes on and they get it. Pinkie has learned to throw a screaming fit and she wins. You are just going to have to out last her.
Yes....I think that's the key with this one. Persistence and maybe changing tactics...the ones that work with other dogs just aren't going to work with this one. I'll have to make her think that walking on the leash is her idea. :D

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not sure this will work, but have you tried tying her to another dog and walking that dog on a leash and going on a high rewards walk? Or lead her with another dog or two on a walk? Sometimes they really HATE getting left behind especially if that herd/pack power is there motivating them like an invisible leash and they care less about being led.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not sure this will work, but have you tried tying her to another dog and walking that dog on a leash and going on a high rewards walk? Or lead her with another dog or two on a walk? Sometimes they really HATE getting left behind especially if that herd/pack power is there motivating them like an invisible leash and they care less about being led.
I haven't tried that yet but was contemplating it, most definitely. The last training session I did, when she started screaming about walking on the leash, Blue finally had enough and snarled and lunged at her. That shut her up real quick, so I'm thinking about walking them together when next I train but haven't gotten to it yet.

Cecilia's-herd

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Our Badger disaster puppy came with severely bowed legs. Apparently he'd been on a raw food diet that wasn't properly balanced for a growing large breed (???!). They corrected after a few months of growing on Iams large breed puppy. I'm not endorsing the brand, but a boring balanced diet and time should fix that. To my adult I feed Victor Professional. I think the Iams LG breed puppy was even lower in protein, and about the same price, very palatable in all it's awful commercial-ness and for the short time of fast growing part of puppyhood it should do no harm. Walmart or Chewy should be able to deliver it to you if you can't get out.
We love victor over here!!