LGD...

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi, I actually would not recommend two pups and/or siblings at the same time, they are or may be bonded too much together instead bonding with you as their Shepard.
Plus you will need separate training time for each of them, that’s a lot of time.
And even if they come from good working parents, they still need training and guidance.
I very much would recommend to search on FB or MeWe for the (closed) group „Farei Kennels LGD Training & Education“.
You will have to answer some entry questions before you get approved.
This group is awesome, their philosophy and methods work. They are for people that truly want to learn and put the time in; and tell it as it is, no Sugar coating.
Check it out!

WRONG! Two pups at the same time alleviate many issues. However there still needs dedication in working a with both. They are not each other's babysitters. They also should be evaluated and matched /paired properly. I am not a great fan of siblings but if your breeder has knowledge then the dogs paired will do well.
As far as I am concerned the Groups on FB and the like are crap. The majority of people know nothing and spread *&^*&^.

PACK ANIMALS! They learn from one another, Encourage one another. These aren't housedogs.
The majority of issues is from single dog farms. No shepherd of old- over thousands of years raised one dog at a time.

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hi, I actually would not recommend two pups and/or siblings at the same time, they are or may be bonded too much together instead bonding with you as their Shepard.
Plus you will need separate training time for each of them, that’s a lot of time.
And even if they come from good working parents, they still need training and guidance.
I very much would recommend to search on FB or MeWe for the (closed) group „Farei Kennels LGD Training & Education“.
You will have to answer some entry questions before you get approved.
This group is awesome, their philosophy and methods work. They are for people that truly want to learn and put the time in; and tell it as it is, no Sugar coating.
Check it out!

I understand where you're coming from.....but I ultimately decided AGAINST 2 puppies (siblings or not) and am getting a fully trained 5 year old female Pyrenees and one of her pups.

drdoolittle

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I brought my LGDs home yesterday morning and am so THRILLED with them! Momma is a beautiful 5 year old Great Pyrenees, Sheba. I named her pup (a male) Hondo. They are such amazing dogs! Hondo's father is an Anatolian----I was afraid to get out of the car at the owner's home, but he's just a giant sweetheart!
Sheba and Hondo are so calm! No barking/whining while in their kennel and I had them out with the goats, chickens and barn cats for a couple hours last night----no chasing at all!
I should have taken this step a long time ago! Pictures coming soon!

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I brought my LGDs home yesterday morning and am so THRILLED with them! Momma is a beautiful 5 year old Great Pyrenees, Sheba. I named her pup (a male) Hondo. They are such amazing dogs! Hondo's father is an Anatolian----I was afraid to get out of the car at the owner's home, but he's just a giant sweetheart!
Sheba and Hondo are so calm! No barking/whining while in their kennel and I had them out with the goats, chickens and barn cats for a couple hours last night----no chasing at all!
I should have taken this step a long time ago! Pictures coming soon!
So happy for you.....:clap:thumbsup

Latest posts