Ligaments soft while laying, hard while standing

Keeper of insanity

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I brought her out some pumpkin seeds. She turned her nose up at them. So I took her out of her room and pen and just let her follow me around the yard. She always loves that. She walked and browsed for over an hour and then went back to her room. Her poop wasn’t as loose. It was turning back to balls clumped together🤷🏼‍♀️
Her ligaments are barely there today. I can feel them but I have to work to feel them. When she urinated there was a bit of white mucus looking stuff just as she was finished.
She walked much slower today than she normally does. And kept stopping and just stand there staring at ?? But she wiggled her tail when I spoke to her and followed me all over the back yard.
I’m hoping they come today and not tonight. It’s going to be in the 20’s and I’m not made for below 60 temps at long periods of time😐.
I’m exhausted. Caffeine doesn’t seem to be helping much. I’ve had four matcha lattes and an iced coffee…and two chicken tacos🤭
My bearded dragons have decided they don’t want to talk to me. I haven’t spent much time with them lately and now they just try to run away.
My back door area needs to be mopped.
I’m days behind on laundry.
I have dirty dishes in the sink and I’m sooo tired!
Three out of four dogs are due for a bath (past due actually).
My goldfish pond needs to be cleaned.
My truck needs to be cleaned.
Heck, I need to be cleaned.
And my mother is coming over.
Rainy, does the Wi-Fi reach out there? Are you reading this? 🥺🥺🥺🥺🙏🙏🙏🙏😫😫😫😫

Keeper of insanity

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
It’s all good. A rest and then some vitamins and water helped a lot😁 I cleaned and delegated tasks. The only things left are my truck and the goldfish…and my mother hasn’t come by yet🤔 the dogs got some dry shampoo and baby wipes🤷🏼‍♀️but they don’t stink. I was certain it had been at least a 3-4 hrs…but only 2 had went by…and Rainy was nestled in her little nest when I came out. She got up and stretched and started eating like that food had just been brought out (it’s been there all day).
While I was inside lamenting, I tried to ignore her. It’s as though she has some spell cast on me🤔😵‍💫
But, it’s all good. Maybe I’m stressing her out. I’m going to stop being a helicopter goat owner and sit back (slightly, but not too far😉) and just let nature take its course (and step in if necessary).

I’m too blessed to be stressed🙏
Y’all have a wonderful Monday! I’m going to go bake and decorate a cake, have fun, eat pizza and mac and cheese (per the birthday girl’s request) and if any kids make an appearance today, I will update with pics😁🙏

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Goats/sheep will sometimes have less solid manure about 24hours before kidding/lambing. Possibly clearing out the intestines before having to push out babies. Not sure. Mine do that often. They will also stop eating for a while, then suddenly stuff themselves. I think it is probably the position of the babies changing around and suddenly they realize their stomachs feel empty again. Al this is normal.

Keeper of insanity

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Goats/sheep will sometimes have less solid manure about 24hours before kidding/lambing. Possibly clearing out the intestines before having to push out babies. Not sure. Mine do that often. They will also stop eating for a while, then suddenly stuff themselves. I think it is probably the position of the babies changing around and suddenly they realize their stomachs feel empty again. Al this is normal.
@Ridgetop Thank you! I was so happy to read that! That described her eating habits the past two days. Yesterday, and the day before she nibbled, nudged her food around, took a few bites here and there but nothing like she normally does. Then today *cue starvation dramatization*🤦🏼‍♀️
She’s not acting sick other than I could see her poop wasn’t right. She’s kinda lazy but🤷🏼‍♀️so was I in the last stretch of cooking those babies.

@Youngfarmer2019 a little clear discharge around her vulva. But nothing dripping, just residue. But! Her poop is little balls!! That really made me happy😁

I have a feeling it’s going to be a long, cold, beautiful night🙏🙏

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Ridgetop Thank you! I was so happy to read that! That described her eating habits the past two days. Yesterday, and the day before she nibbled, nudged her food around, took a few bites here and there but nothing like she normally does. Then today *cue starvation dramatization*🤦🏼‍♀️
She’s not acting sick other than I could see her poop wasn’t right. She’s kinda lazy but🤷🏼‍♀️so was I in the last stretch of cooking those babies.

@Youngfarmer2019 a little clear discharge around her vulva. But nothing dripping, just residue. But! Her poop is little balls!! That really made me happy😁

I have a feeling it’s going to be a long, cold, beautiful night🙏🙏
Glad her poop is normal!! Based off eating, wouldn’t be surprised if it happens tonight or tomorrow…