Ligaments soft while laying, hard while standing

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations on the twins! You handled it like a champion! Itā€™s even more fantastic that your girls were there for the whole thing! Iā€™m so excited for you and your girls. You are hooked nowā€¦ā€¦.you are now a FARM-HER!

I missed all the excitement! I was having excitement of my own. I was putting eye drops in my horseā€™s eye, and she was having a fit. Then feed her. Feed dogs, it stormed all day here, dogs and sheep holed up in their shelters and werenā€™t seen all day. Horse ate all her feed, I took her out and let her graze the yard. Then another eye drop, graze a little and her nighttime eye drop.

Number One was standing all drawn up and miserable. She was due Sunday. I think she held that baby until the storm was over. Lamb had yellow goop on her, that indicates a hard birth. She took awhile to get up and suck, I stayed in the lot until way after dark to make sure she got her milk.

This is my first registered lamb to be born. Remember me telling you about my learning sheep? And starting my move into registered sheep? It has begun. Itā€™s been a journey. And this is just the start.

1BBBDF97-FBF2-4114-B95D-B949ADA1563B.jpeg

Keeper of insanity

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
@Baymule you really have had a day!! I LOVE the FARM-HER!!! I see that being put on a shirt soonšŸ˜‰ I honestly couldnā€™t have done it successfully without yā€™all. Yā€™all helped me keep my wits (šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£)
Iā€™m looking forward to following your journey into registered sheep. You are wise and surrounded by more wisdom. I know youā€™ll do fantastic!
Mom and baby are beautifulšŸ„°

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks, Iā€™m so excited over this little ewe lamb. The stinker went through the cow panel sometime last night, into Ringoā€™s pen. Hi Daddy! Number One was Baa Baaing in a low gutteral tone, so I looked outside with the flashlight and saw the problem. I ran out Iā€™m my robe, rubber boots and a sweat hoodie and put her back with her Mom.

Keeper of insanity, did you have any idea just how fitting that would be? Hahaha

Keeper of insanity

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
@Baymule your little lamb is already mischievous! Youā€™re going to have your heart and hands full with that onešŸ„°šŸ˜

Of course!! Itā€™s crazy here 24/7, but I wouldnā€™t know what to do with a relaxed, peaceful existence. At baby number 4 we started saying we had organized chaos, 15 years and two more babies and a million other decisions later and I can confidently say I am the Keeper of insanity. šŸ„°šŸ˜

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Baymule your little lamb is already mischievous! Youā€™re going to have your heart and hands full with that onešŸ„°šŸ˜

Of course!! Itā€™s crazy here 24/7, but I wouldnā€™t know what to do with a relaxed, peaceful existence. At baby number 4 we started saying we had organized chaos, 15 years and two more babies and a million other decisions later and I can confidently say I am the Keeper of insanity. šŸ„°šŸ˜
Iā€™m sure my parents feel the same wayā€¦as one of six children living on an 18 acre farm with over 220 chickens, 10 geese, 7 ducks, 10 rabbits, 6 goats, two indoor dogs, two outdoor dogs, 6 cats, countless chauffeuring to and from 4H activities, to and from church, picking up new animals, the list goes on. Sometimes I feel bad for them but others times I know they CHOSE this lifeā€¦we enjoy it, they must too.

Latest posts