Little Green Pastures Kidding thread- New babies 4/21 with pics!

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I have a lot of catching up to do.....

Nilla had triplets on Monday. She is my doe who had a bout with meningeal worm two summers ago and has a wag in her hind end because of it. She went open last year and I wasn't sure she could breed. She took three tries to get her bred this year. I guess she figured she had better do something great to get off the cull list so she had 2 boys and a girl. No trouble, they were dry and nursing when I found them.

1 7lb boy, 1 5 lb boy and 1 5 lb girl.
1751_nilla_momma.jpg

One of my yet unnamed PB kiko does I bought at the Appalachian sale last year kidded yesterday with a baby girl. Very cute, up and nursing when I got home. . She looks just like her Daddy.
1751_cvk_147.jpg

Dixieland and Trouble both kidded last Thursday. Dixie had two boys, kiko-mancha kids. One was much bigger. She rejected the little one. Trouble had one girl so I rubbed Dixie's little boy with her birthing fluids and she took him.

Trouble's "twins" See the ears?
1751_troubles_twins.jpg

And again because they are so cute together.
1751_too_cute.jpg

1751_nursing_trouble.jpg

Dixie and the boy she kept. He is easily twice as big as his brother.
1751_dixie_and_son.jpg

This little guy was born two weeks ago. He is adorable and HUGE. Too bad he is a single. His momma is one of the Illinois group. Only one left out of those 10.

1751_new_baby_boy.jpg

I am not sure but I think we have 8 more to go.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Last night Keeper kidded two boys. They are the prettiest kids Bullet threw this year. :barnie

Bayou, Dixie's sister had a boy and a girl but she rejected both of them. :he We held her twice last night so they could nurse but it took two of us. This morning they got frozen milk from a bottle.

I have a guy coming to pick them up tonight. For one crazy reason he loves bottle babies. He was very excited to add some kiko to his Nubians and boers. He has two Bokis he was raving about, turns out he bought them from me three years ago.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Bottle babies went to their new home. They were so excited, raved at how cute they were and loved the coloring. I am glad they are going someplace nice. I will miss the little buggers. They were sucking on each other's faces after their bottles yesterday. When we were holding m Bayou to let them nurse I had to lean way over to hold her and guide them to the teats at the same time. They were snuffling around looking for the teat, nipping at everything to see if it had milk. Well, lets just say they found a teat, but it wasn't their momma's. It didn't have any milk either......

Pretty Girl kidded last night. Boy-girl twins and the girl has some color. She was out in the field nursing them when I got home. I got her into the stall and then fed the other goats. I fed her and everything was fine. Then I noticed she wouldn't let them nurse. She was treating them nice but kept running away when they got near her udder. So I held her while they got their fill. I did it again last night at final barn check. This morning they had full bellies, weren't hungry and she was nuzzling them and letting them near her udder. I kept trying to get them to nurse but they weren't hungry. So I guess she got over whatever craziness she had and decided to feed them. I think the goats are conspiring to drive me bat-....crazy.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
OK, here are some updates.

WE had a baby girl born today. This was the last of the Illinois girls to kid.
1751_new_black_baby.jpg

This is Patches triplets. All boys.
1751_patches_tripletsjpg.jpg

Keeper's twin boys.... so disappointing
1751_keepers_babies.jpg

Splash's girls, she kidded last Wednesday. She is Pretty Girl's sister from a set of quads.
1751_spash_and_kids.jpg

Star and her baby boy. She kidded last Tuesday.
1751_star_and_baby.jpg

I didn't get pictures of Pretty Girl's twins. I hope to remedy that soon.

Latest posts