Llama help! down head back right leg twitching

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
He is not getting up. He ate a bit of hay that I brought, but wouldn't drink. I have given him more vitamins. unfortunately, he's out in the rain cuz I can't get him up and get him moved. at least he's mostly in a Cushing position tonight still twitchy though.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
He is not getting up. He ate a bit of hay that I brought, but wouldn't drink. I have given him more vitamins. unfortunately, he's out in the rain cuz I can't get him up and get him moved. at least he's mostly in a Cushing position tonight still twitchy though.

That really sucks for you both, I'm really sorry you both have to go through this :hugs:hugs:hugs

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The hardest part is not knowing what to do for him he keeps wanting to return to the stargazing position I have given him everything I have and the vet has not been available. I feel so sorry for him laying there in the rain. I dragged him a little bit so at least his head could go in the little shed he really won't be able to stand up and get in there. Unfortunately it is the only shed near him, but then he returned to the stargazing position and pull his head out.

Last edited:

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I guess nobody to come and help move him ? This really has to be killing you watching and not being able to help him much....at least he isn't alone and knows your there :(

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I guess nobody to come and help move him ? This really has to be killing you watching and not being able to help him much....at least he isn't alone and knows your there :(
There's not even that comfort I work 11-12 hours a day. And we are getting floods of rain, poor guy.

Last edited:

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I truly don't mean to pester you, and i understand the work hours...but could you call the fire department or police department and ask for assistance to move him to a inside shelter if he has one ? Just trying to throw out some ideas for help for you, at least you may feel better if he has shelter. :(
I will go mind my own business now :hide......:hugs @Daxigait

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I truly don't mean to pester you, and i understand the work hours...but could you call the fire department or police department and ask for assistance to move him to a inside shelter if he has one ? Just trying to throw out some ideas for help for you, at least you may feel better if he has shelter. :(
I will go mind my own business now :hide......:hugs @Daxigait
I have put a call out to a neighbor for tonight. I live in the country so it's a little bit difficult because my to immediate neighbors want is an old couple in the other is it single lady with kids who can't help

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've been in that situation many years ago with an injured horse. We called the volunteer fire dept in our little town and they came out in force. Other ideas might be a 4-H group or FFA - maybe even a Boy Scout troop. If nothing else, can you put a make-shift tarp cover over him to stop the rain - maybe put some hay bales around him and drape a tarp over them? Hope your guy comes around. :hugs

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have put a call out to a neighbor for tonight. I live in the country so it's a little bit difficult because my to immediate neighbors want is an old couple in the other is it single lady with kids who can't help

Heck, i would call the fire department, my dad was a fireman for years and they are always willing to help, especially for a sick animal !
I had a patient once and i had to get her into another bed...I called them and they sent six men and moved her in a flash....they are there to help and probably would enjoy giving you a hand .