Low Carb/Keto Recipe Thread

YourRabbitGirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh wow thanks for these recipes! Just in time for the holidays! Yum! I also have a favorite low carb recipe and I got it from a recipe site. I tried it myself and loved it, so I thought I'd share it with you guys:

INGREDIENTS
4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
Freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces thinly sliced Black Forest ham
4 ounces thinly sliced Gruyère cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
Kosher salt

PREPARATION
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Using a sharp knife, make an incision on thinner long side of chicken breast, cutting parallel through the breast but not all the way through. Season inside of chicken with pepper and stuff each with 1 oz. ham and 1 oz. cheese.
2. Transfer chicken to a rimmed baking sheet and rub all over with oil; season lightly with salt and pepper. Roast chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of breast registers 165°F, 12–15 minutes. Let cool slightly before slicing.

Easy peasy, right?

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I followed the recipe as far as the ingredients but I'm not sure why the author made a simple recipe so hard to put together. She cooked items individually and layered them only to mix them all together in the end. I cooked the onions and mushrooms then cooked chopped cauliflower. I didn't bother making the cauliflower rice but just loosely chopped it and sauteed till slightly brown. Mix everything together and then transfer to a casserole dish and add the Mozzarella on top. I changed the nutritional values because I added a can of sweet peas to the dish.

Low-Carb Turkey Casserole with Mushrooms, Mozzarella, and Cauliflower Rice

This Low-Carb Turkey Casserole with Mushrooms, Mozzarella, and Cauliflower Rice can be made with turkey or chicken.

Yield 8 servings

Prep Time 45 minutes

Cook Time 40 minutes

Total Time 1 hour 25 minutes

Ingredients
  • 6 cups chopped cauliflower (see notes)
  • 1 pound Crimini mushrooms, washed and sliced
  • 4 cups cooked leftover turkey or chicken
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 2 T olive oil, divided (more or less depending on your pan)
  • 1 tsp. dried thyme
  • 1 tsp. dried Poultry Seasoning
  • salt and fresh-ground black pepper to taste
  • 1 cup coarsely grated Mozzarella (or more)
Sauce Ingredients
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup mayo
  • 2 T Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
  • 1/2 tsp. dried Poultry seasoning
  • 1 cup grated Mozzarella
  • 1/4 cup coarsely grated Parmesan cheese
    Instructions
  1. Spray a large glass or crockery casserole dish with olive oil or non-stick spray. (I used a dish that was 10″ x 13″ but any size that’s close to that will work.)
    Preheat oven to 375F/190C.

2. Chop up enough cauliflower to make 6 cups of small cauliflower pieces. (Use frozen cauliflower rice if you prefer, about 3-4 cups.)Then use a food processor with a steel blade to pulse the cauliflower until it’s finely chopped, slightly larger then kernels of rice. (See the recipe for cauliflower rice for more about how to do this. You can also chop the cauliflower by grating it on the side of a box grater.)
    Wash the mushrooms and cut into thick half slices.
  3. Dice the leftover turkey (or chicken) into bite-sized pieces.
    Mix together the sour cream, mayo, Dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp each dried thyme and Poultry seasoning, 1 cup grated Mozzarella, and 1/4 cup Parmesan to make the thick sauce mixture.
    Heat 2 tsp. olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and saute the mushrooms over medium-high heat until they release their liquid, all liquid evaporates, and mushrooms are starting to brown.
    Put mushrooms in the bottom of the casserole dish.
    Add about 2 tsp. more olive oil and saute the onions over medium-high heat until they are softened and starting to brown.
    Put onions over the mushrooms in the casserole dish.
    Heat another 2 tsp. of olive oil and add the finely-chopped cauliflower.
    Cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the cauliflower is starting to soften and barely brown, about 3-4 minutes (or slightly less for frozen cauliflower rice).
  4. Add the 1 teaspoon each of dried thyme and Poultry Seasoning and cook about 1 minute more.
  5. Season the cauliflower rice with a little salt and fresh-ground black pepper; then put it into the casserole dish over the mushrooms and onions.
  6. Put the diced turkey into the casserole dish over the veggies and use a plastic spoon to combine the ingredients right in the dish. (You can do this in a bowl if you prefer, but we were trying to get away without dirtying another dish!)
  7. Spread the sauce mixture over the top and then use the spoon to gently combine the ingredients with the sauce, until the ingredients are well mixed into the sauce.
    Wipe off the sides of the casserole dish with a paper towel if needed.
  8. Sprinkle with Mozzarella cheese and bake uncovered until the casserole is starting to bubble and the top is nicely browned, about 40 minutes.
  9. Let cool about 5 minutes; then cut into 8 servings and eat while hot.
Notes

You can also use about 3-4 cups frozen cauliflower rice for this recipe. The author used Crimini (Baby Bella) mushrooms.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Easy cauliflower with meatballs and marinara sauce.

I've got to where I prefer cauliflower sauteed with a bit of olive oil and sliced extremely thin rather than steam it for cauliflower rice. I added some Italian seasoning and crushed garlic. After the cauliflower was done, I added some parmesan and mozzarella cheese. The marinara sauce was commercial and the meatballs I had made and froze quite awhile ago.

Tasty and satisfying and I also made some pasta for Teresa to add some calories for her0.

Cauliflower with Meatballs and Marinara Sauce.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We made a fairly low carb meal tonight with Lamb Chops, cabbage and some of our stewed tomatoes with corn.

The cabbage is made by spraying the "steaks" with olive oil, sprinkle some garlic salt and bake at 400 degrees. The lamb chops had just a little salt and pepper and sprinkled just a bit of Balsamic Vinegar and placed under the broiler for a couple of minutes, turned and broiled for another couple of minutes.

I was going to post this on my Facebook page but there is relatively few farm related Friends. I have been posting all of our lambing pictures on there also and I didn't think a lot of those folks would like seeing cooked lamb chops right after 20 or so lamb pictures.

Lamb chops and cabbage steaks.JPG

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I tried a new jalapeno popper recipe and it is the best I have ever made or eaten. We ate them all up, sorry, no pictures! :lol:

12 fresh jalapenos
1 package (8 ounce) cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
6 slices crispy bacon, finely chopped
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 375* F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil.

Cut each jalapeno in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.

Combine cream cheese, 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese, green onions, onion powder, salt and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Stir in bacon, fill each jalapeno half with mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and place on baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Calories 110 Total fat 10g Carbs 2g Net Carbs 2g Protein 4g

unfortunately it does not specify what constitutes a serving. Surely they don't mean ONE popper? Who the he// could eat just ONE? We ate 8 each along with a couple of tacos. ONE? Just ONE??? Aw, he// NO! We scarfed up the leftovers for brunch. LOL LOL