Making A Pasture

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thank you! Sparkles is 34 years old! If you’ve never read Pearl’s or Prince’s threads, they are in the horse forums. Both were kill lot horses.

Thanks, that means a lot, you sure know grass. And thanks on Pearl too. It’s taken almost 3 years to get her to where she is now. I’ve fattened up skinny horses before, but never one as starved as Pearl was. Never. I threw everything but the kitchen sink at her. That girl has come a long way. She rides like a dream and is safe with kids.

I didn’t realize Prince, but I’ve passively followed Pearl. What you’ve done is impressive!!! There’s no way she’s the same horse! You deserve an Applaud.

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
:ep Wow Bay the pipeline looks absolutely amazing! All the hard work shows big time. Sheep are butts, the horses will love the grass after it gets established well. Every bit of pasture means a lower feed bill so it will pay you back. Our sheep are the opposite, they wont eat the weeds, even in the dry lot they only want grass or leaves from the apple trees.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I grazed the horses for a week on the bahia behind the horse barn, then I let them graze the bermuda on the pipeline. They are back on dry lot now. We got 3 1/4" of stormy rain on Monday, so the grass should bounce back soon. It's not enough to sustain them, but it sure helps.

Palomino

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Didn't get the alert when you tagged me, but I just got up to date on this. @Baymule Pearl is magnificent!! :love Hard to believe that's the same horse you picked out of the kill pen. Prince and Sparkles look fabulous too. All of them are just gorgeous and obviously enjoying themselves!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Didn't get the alert when you tagged me, but I just got up to date on this. @Baymule Pearl is magnificent!! :love Hard to believe that's the same horse you picked out of the kill pen. Prince and Sparkles look fabulous too. All of them are just gorgeous and obviously enjoying themselves!
Thank you so much! I took my 4 and 6 year old granddaughters riding on her. She is steady, not spooky and the girls love her.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree! I think every grandma or grandpa's goal in life should be to make grandkids excited to come to their house. :D =D Bay, I would be VERY excited to come to grandma's house if I was one of yours!

I was always excited to go to my grandma's house as she lived on a farm and it was all so delicious in so many ways! A rich texture in life that we didn't get to experience at home.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree! I think every grandma or grandpa's goal in life should be to make grandkids excited to come to their house. :D =D Bay, I would be VERY excited to come to grandma's house if I was one of yours!

I was always excited to go to my grandma's house as she lived on a farm and it was all so delicious in so many ways! A rich texture in life that we didn't get to experience at home.
And that is exactly what you give to your grandchildren!

lyric

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score