Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We bought a gas auger at Harbor Freight for $200. We slap wore that out putting up our fence. There were some hard to drill holes that we filled with water to soften up. And we had a set of manual post hole diggers. I bought them from Lowe’s, made of all metal and the handles are bent outward so we didn’t knock our knuckles together.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've done a little tree trimming and ordered stuff. Major property work has been put on hold for a bit. My husband's Uncle Chuck passed early Wednesday. He's been ill for quite awhile (COPD, arsenic posioning, etc) so it wasn't a huge shock. The wake is on Saturday.

Bob, father-in-law, on left and Uncle Chuck on right
Screenshot_20210819-080114_Facebook.jpg

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
The manufactured home vendor screwed up and didn't tell setup vendor we closed on home. Installation is pushed back to mid Septmeber.

We decided to change orientation of house on lot. Originally thought East-West but going to put in North-South by shifting road slighlty south.This gives better use of existing trees with door locations.
House Layout.png

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wise decision. Our double wide sits facing east. The morning sun heats it up and the afternoon sun bakes us like an oven. We do have a couple of trees in the front that offer shade. It helps, but there is little to no shade in the back.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yep, more weeks living in RV. Decided to stick with first plan, long axis of house east to west. We will move it about 20ft towards SE to avoid killing tree. That way front door faces south and narrow ends of house are east and west. Solar gain is NOT a good idea here.

In better news, the roadrunner is blasse about us. He was out eating bugs while we worked.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Condolences to your family. I understand with the situation... not unexpected, but it is still hard when it happens.... went through that with my mom just recently.

Maybe a blessing in disguise on the house... so you could actually get a better feel for the weather/temps etc. Not quite as big a push even though I am sure the RV is getting old.

Neat about the road runner.... YAY on him doing his part keeping the bug population down....