Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
I did some splashing around in the back acres. It is so soggy because the county channelized the creek. The new bank is 2ft taller than my land. I think eventually I will make a set of ponds to help keep area dryer and retain more water.
20230214_135827.jpg
20230214_135514.jpg
20230214_140349.jpg
The creek is on neighbor's parcel and has a decent log jam in it. Is that landowner responsibility or county responsibility to clear?
20230214_140051.jpg20230214_140139.jpg

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
It rained all last night and this morning. I found out my rubber boots died when feeding this morning. Poop soup in my boots 🤢.
I got 1 2/3 years out of them, not bad. They are the Joules Molly Welly on Amazon.
EEWWEE (not EWE :lol: ) I know that slow cold creeping feeling in the boot, followed by the "ah crap" LOL that was right when our rains started. HISEA Men's Boots from Amazon - lasted almost 3 yrs and got the same boot again (this time it says lifetime warranty 🤔).

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
DS1 has a wide foot with an extremely high arch. Hard to get shoes to fit much less rubber muck boots. He can't even fit his foot with the high arch into the rubber boots. Last year he decided to try getting a galoshes type boot to wear over his shoes. They were not expensive since he didn't want to get something good that he would not be able to wear. They didn't last. This year he got a better pair - not sure how long they will last. When we go to Texas he will have to get a very good pair of rubber boots or good, leather, waterproof work boots. I bought a new pair of rubber boots for myself at TSC this year in Texas. They are shiny like patent leather, and I told DH that they were my "go to meeting" boots. They are also a wide width and wide calf. They will be comfortable with double wool socks. Hopefully they will last. In Ireland we called this type of muck boot a "Wellington", often shortened to a "Wellie". I wore that type of boot to ride in, walk in, and play field hockey since they protected my shins from a hard hit ball.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
DS1 has a wide foot with an extremely high arch. Hard to get shoes to fit much less rubber muck boots. He can't even fit his foot with the high arch into the rubber boots.
I have wide feet, high arches, and fat calves. The Joules fit and they make men's boots. You can get them on try before you buy with Amazon.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is so soggy because the county channelized the creek. The new bank is 2ft taller than my land.
How very nice of them!

The creek is on neighbor's parcel and has a decent log jam in it. Is that landowner responsibility or county responsibility to clear?
I suspect one is responsible for whatever is on their property.