Margali's Griffin Wood Ranch

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Definitely need a pressure regulator. 100 PSI is higher than you need for anything shy of pressure washing and there are machines for that. I'm surprised you don't have a regulator coming in from the (I am assuming) city feed line. You don't want that sort of pressure in the pipes in the house either.
We installed one for the house dropping pressure to 75PSIG. I hadn't installed one on main line to yard hydrant because plan on extending run another couple hundred feet.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Will there actually be any pressure drop? It isn't like you are going miles with lots of people taking water out along the way. Our old neighborhood had its own well, 85 homes. When it was just a tank in the air we had only 25 PSI and we were downhill from it. They replaced that with underground tanks with pumps, pressure went up to 70 PSI, 700' from the tanks/pump. Given the houses farthest from the tanks/pump are nearly 1/2 mile away I don't think you need 100 PSI anywhere. You are more likely to need volume than pressure depending on how much you use at the same time.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad y’all are feeling better.
Yes, if Snip pushes, that is prelude to ram. Correction, NO! Or a deep guttural AAHHNNTTT! Then a hand slap on the nose. He is trying you to see what he can get away with. As a 2 month old, he’d push on me, the slap on the nose was quick and immediate. Haha, he’d back off, I could literally see his mind working, “What just happened?” After a little bit, he’d come back, I’d scratch him and we were friends again.

Ringo will try me every once in awhile, then squint his eyes and raise his head to avoid the slap he knows is coming. LOL

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, if Snip pushes, that is prelude to ram. Correction, NO! Or a deep guttural AAHHNNTTT! Then a hand slap on the nose. He is trying you to see what he can get away with.
That's what I thought. I love how Cassandra is taking to the sheep. She's doing good at remembering the rules.
- No getting in pens without grownup because they could squish you accidentally.
- No feeding unless a grownup measures it because you can give them stomach ache.
- No touching top of head because that starts the shoving game.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
The kids enjoy helping with the sheep. It's on the list to get water piped to the shed. In the meantime, they enjoy hauling water for me. Tip- the $2 snap on lid keeps 5gal bucket full to the brim.

Attachments

• 20211125_085126.jpg
    20211125_085126.jpg
    761.9 KB · Views: 119

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a night to myself and got my haircut finally. My bangs were down to tip of my nose when wet. 🤪

Had some sorbet in peaceful quiet then spent time with the sheep. Aria let me brush her and touch all over. Should you be able to feel babies moving a month before due date or at all? I think she's still doing fine condition wise. I can feel her spine but not the side points. She is so fluffy!
20211202_192802.jpg20211202_192418.jpg

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
We took part in the Christmas parade last night with the scouts. We pulled my SIL 16ft trailer as the float base. I provided 10 bales of hay as the seating. It rained last night after the parade so not sure if the hay is useful anymore...

THis morning's first cup of coffee is down and sheep betrayed. I fed Aria her morning ration then cornered her for the CDT booster.

It's 95% humidity and 61 degrees here. Fog soup.

Quote Reply
Report •••

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aria is looking good. You’ll be able to feel her babies move and even see funny lumps sticking out of an otherwise smooth tummy. She’s so pretty!

Christmas parade! What fun!
Depending on how wet the hay got, it should be ok if fed pretty quick. 10 bales for 3 sheep…. Probably some will go bad before they can eat it up.

Latest posts